Senior DevOps Engineer - Security Analytics
Security Analytics is Splunk's next-generation, cloud-native analytics solution that detects known and unknown security threats at petabyte scale. Using creative and innovative techniques, Security Analytics detects threats in near real-time by leveraging stream processing and artificial intelligence.
As part of our team, you will be responsible to build critical solutions using new technologies to solve hard problems needed by security analysts all across the world.
Working directly with customers to understand their needs and experiences, you will innovate with the team to define and craft new solutions and closely collaborate with other product teams to build world-class products to predict, detect and resolve challenging security threats.
If you are passionate at what you do, love to stay technically challenged while working in a fun, dynamic and collaborative environment, is the place for you.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture and real-world usage patterns in order to gain better business insight on what solutions will deliver customer value.
- Deeply collaborate with our team to design and create comprehensive end-to-end developer workflows.
- Create an automated and streamlined CI/CD tool chain
- Architect and implement a robust and fully automated change management system providing zero-downtime updates for our cloud environment.
- Create an integrated product health monitoring and alerting system which leverages telemetry and our internal collaboration frameworks.
- Dedicated to build and consistently deliver high quality solutions by extensively leveraging automation throughout the product cycle.
- Champion, coach and mentor others to solve problems in new and creative ways with the goal to continuously improve team efficiency and morale.
- Build, maintain and innovate creative solutions with pride of ownership.
- A proven track record of deploying and operating highly available and scalable and flexible solutions in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experienced in leveraging infrastructure technologies (CloudFormation, Terraform, Flyway) to automate the setup, deployment and management of distributed services (Databases, Application services, Messaging Systems) as well as network infrastructure (DNS, VPN).
- Deep understanding of how to setup and leverage modern monitoring and observability technologies (Prometheus, Kibana, Splunk) to effectively operate and monitor highly distributed solutions.
- Detailed experience in creating comprehensive automated CI/CD pipelines, using modern orchestration technologies such as Jenkins, GitLab and containerized ecosystems (Kubernetes).
- Skilled at troubleshooting, optimizing and performance tuning complex distributed system architectures.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic matrix environment.
- You have 8+ years of DevOps experience in a Linux / Unix environment using services developed in Python, Java and Go.
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers you can learn and grow from.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A dynamic, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Work life balance, with the ability to work at home at times, take extended vacations and enjoy your personal time.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records