Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Role: Senior DevOps Engineer – Code Analysis San Francisco, CA,
- Are you passionate about pushing quality upstream using the latest code analysis technologies? Do you have experience implementing code analysis tools for code coverage, static analysis, and dynamic analysis within a CI/CD based workflow? Are you comfortable working alongside some of the most experienced and sharpest DevOps Engineers in the industry?
- Splunk is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer with proven experience in specifying, implementing, improving, and administering code analysis tools within our CI/CD pipelines. This person is passionate about providing world-class customer service with a sharp focus on implementing, deploying a reliable, robust, high quality software CI/CD pipeline infrastructure and their associated services. The successful candidate has experience working in complex multi-platform environments and familiar with code analysis practices and tools. He/she demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills across teams to accomplish common goals. Partnership, creativity, and leadership are meaningful traits required to succeed in this role.
- Use the latest code analysis technologies (Codecov.io, SonarQube, Checkmarx, BURP, Splunk etc..) to push quality upstream by identifying issues early-on within the code – even before the code is complied.
- Provide timely, world class customer service for requests from all customers including; software development, QA, sustaining and project management. Typical requests would cover; tool failures, CI system management, and code analysis tools management and testing across multiple platform environments.
- Capable of prioritizing and executing critical and blocking issues in a timely fashion
- Engage with software development, QA and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new and updated engineering requirements.
- Drive improvements of tools used for code analysis, automated testing and diagnostics.
- Ability to effectively switch between urgent reactive work and longer term imp
- BA/BS degree and minimum 4+ years of experience in a technical field or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience with code analysis tools. (Codecov.io, SonarQube, Checkmarx, etc.)
- Strong coding and trouble-shooting experience in multiple languages including: C++, Python, and Java Script.
- Experience with multiple code analysis tools used in a multi-platform environment such as Linux, Windows, Mac, Solaris and AIX.
- Experience with compilers used in a multi-platform environment such as Linux, Windows, Mac, Solaris and AIX.
- Excellent follow up and communication and presentation skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Ability to take on urgent, reactive work without losing focus on longer term work assignments is a big, big plus
- Experience with enterprise software and big data is very desirable
- Experience with container technology – Docker, UCP or Kubernetes
- Experience with two or more of: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Artifactory, Nexus
- Cloud-deployment expertise with AWS CloudFormation, Terraform; GCP or Azure a plus
- Experience with multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.