Job Description: That’s a great job - I want it!
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year.
As a Senior Business Analyst in Splunk's Data Technologies team and engineering organization, you will own and be part of business analytics projects from Inception through Hypercare. As a data and reporting analyst you will drive data and analytics initiatives for improving the effectiveness and efficiency for Enterprise business functions. Having the right blend of technological depth, Sales, Marketing, Finance process and systems expertise along with analytics skills is key to the success of the role. You will be expected to manage end to end delivery of small to medium scale projects in the data & analytics area through active leadership and partner management, both at strategic and tactical levels.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Partner with internal Go-To-Market (GTM) teams to include Marketing, Sales, Customer Success & Finance teams to develop delivery roadmaps, defining analytical insights and associated capabilities.
- Analyze, design and deliver production and improvement of leading and lagging key performance indicators through reports and dashboards.
- Organize and manage project work to drive predictable delivery.
- Drive system implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution).
- Serve as an authoritative resource on standard metrics, methodologies and use your knowledge for operational analytics.
- Deliver Solutions – Implement global technologies and services to meet long term business needs; partner with development teams on system design and gap analysis, prioritization of critical initiatives and resources, and make vs. buy evaluation
- Business Requirements - Coordinate the collection and documentation of business needs through Business Requirement Specification, data specifications, and test plans
- Implementation - Coordinate the rollout of new analytical use-cases including the delivery of standard operating procedures, workflow diagrams, test and training materials, and post-launch support resources
- Analysis - Analyzing and understanding large amounts of data and complex process to identify specific opportunities to implement reliable data insights
- Testing of configurations and system feeds to ensure data integrity
- Communication - Own communications to project members and partners on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates and periodic white paper analysis; provide pre and post-launch communications to impacted teams
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7+ years related experience with enterprise-level Business Intelligence (BI), data management & provisioning, and business systems analysis.
- 1+ year of experience and demonstrable knowledge of cloud database technologies like Redshift and Snowflake
- 1+ year of experience and demonstrable knowledge of BI platforms such as Tableau and Splunk
- Familiarity with managing, analyzing & manipulating large datasets
- Proficiency to create effective SQL queries to investigate and resolve data issues
- Solid grasp of enterprise technology sales methodologies and practices, Multi-channel business models, CRM (and outbound marketing applications and processes)
- Working knowledge and experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and iterative practices
- Very Strong presentation skills and executive presence, with effective communication to create impact and influence both at the executive and mid-level management.
Preferred: These are a huge plus.
- Agile Certifications
- Splunk Certifications
Education: Got it!
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience
What we offer you: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.