The Senior Data Architect will analyze, assess, document and design scalable and sustainable data architecture and data transformation processes within a large analytics pipeline. You will partner with cross functional teams to identify opportunities and support the development of data modeling best practice approaches. As Senior Data Modeler, you’ll provide subject matter expertise on data architecture, that includes designing, creating, deploying and managing Splunk’s analytics data architecture that aligns with direction, best practices, and structured data standards.
Major Duties / Job Responsibilities:
- Experience leading data discovery sessions with business teams, comprising product owners, data analysts, and cross-team technologists to understand enterprise data requirements of analytics projects.
- Experience in illustrating business and data processes using simple entity relationship diagrams.
- Ability to comprehend and apply Cloud Data Architecture Standards and integration design patterns.
- Create detailed logical models identifying all the entities, attributes and their relationships along with the characteristics associated with each of those.
- Segregate data models into ODS , data marts, and reporting layers. Support review, signoff and adoption of data models in collaboration with global businesses, architecture and delivery teams.
- Experience with Master Data Management (Enterprise Customer, Account, Product, Employee Models) and Data Warehouse/Analytics Business Glossary implementation frameworks.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. (Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
- 12+ years of data architecture related experience such as data analysis, data modeling, data integration, master and metadata management
- Experience identifying business subject areas and providing a taxonomy of data domains across enterprise data warehouse subject areas.
- Experience with Sales, Finance, Employee data in business applications such as Salesforce, SAP, Anaplan, Workday, etc
- Partner with product owners, data engineers and business systems analysts to identify data mappings and generate enterprise analytics data models.
- Document data models across the company in a centralized location that is highly visible to stakeholders
- Work with platform, information security architects and data privacy leaders to design and enhance cloud data infrastructure to address security, PII and data reliability concerns.
- Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle cloud enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects
- Extensive hands on experience in data warehousing design, ETL/ELT, BI process development
- Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting ability.