Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are building Splunk's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team as an internally focused organization strategically aligned to business focus on data quality and governance for operations & decision-making
We are looking for an experienced Data Programs Manager will be responsible for leading the data delivery tracks of multiple transformational & Scale the Business projects at Splunk. Partnering with business program managers and IT PMO, you will lead all aspects of project management for Enterprise Data Management (EDM), including developing & managing the annual and multi-year project portfolio for the EDM, and driving adoption of data governance practices in the various business functions through large-scale transformations to drive company growth.
- Manage program pipeline of data initiatives built into Finance, Risk & Compliance (SpAARC), Sales, Security, & Data Protection programs & maintain an integrated roadmap for investment in data
- Facilitate quarterly sessions between EDM and business teams to refine and develop data program pipeline as business priorities change and mature.
- Define and build a best in class data project framework including use of processes, artifacts, & tollgates designed to maximize repeatable, successful program delivery and future operational quality of data
- Negotiate competing requirements across business owners for multiple projects / programs to define project direction, scope and phasing to ensure on time and high-quality service delivery.
- Manage data operating committees and own executive communication on progress of data programs in pipeline
- Implement and use project data dictionaries, mapping specifications, quality rule books, ownership matrices, business requirement documents, technical design documents, and other data artifacts used to clearly maintain scope and delivery management discipline
- Bring to bear expertise in project management standard methodologies (PMBOK) to drive project scheduling, cost management, resource management, change management, etc.
- Implement data management practices (DMBOK) to drive meta data, architecture, data lineage, data quality, data ownership, etc. practices across strategic programs
- Have experience in waterfall, agile, and hybrid project delivery practices to drive multiple projects to successful conclusion
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and providing direction when there are multiple partners and solutions
- Build in mitigation plans anticipating dependencies and risks, actively re-plan with business and delivery teams, and reset expectations throughout project delivery
- Demonstrate consultative skills in solving problems by using technical and business insight to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Define and execute goal setting with business owners and senior leaders and contributes to operational alignment
- Create authority with partners within IT and across the business with a communication style that builds confidence and alignment with the team
- 12+ years of operational or consultant experience in a data management, data operations, or data governance role within software, consumer goods, or financial services
- 8+ years of program management leading large scale data migrations, quality and governance programs, or SAP deployments, including core S/4 solution and peripherals such as Ariba, Concur, BPO
- Data governance, quality, or master data operations experience either leading or being part of operational teams
- Demonstrated experience with SAP suite data model, including S/4 Hana, Ariba, Concur, & Ariba
- Working knowledge of SFDC, Concur, Ariba, Planview, & JIRA
- Experience successfully applying delivery methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, SDLC, & DMAIC
- Understanding of change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change, and performance measurement system design
- Excellent planning & organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent areas of responsibility
- Effective and creative solutioning of various problems in highly dynamic environments by using root cause analysis, “Minimum Viable Product (MVP)” thinking, alignment of internal sponsorship and resources to assist
- BA or BS Degree
- Vendor management experience
Nice to have
Have led or held project leadership role within a large-scale Master Data Management deployment
Working experience using or deploying SAP Information Steward, BODS, MDG, BigID, Syniti
PMP Certification and/or comparable level of experience in program management
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.