Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Splunk is seeking a Senior Customer Success Portfolio Operations & Analytics Manager to join our passionate, fun and innovative Customer Success organization and build the next generation Customer Success offerings portfolio (across Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Education and Technical Support) for our customers!
You will have an opportunity to build a scalable system to operationalize & analyze Splunk’s services offering portfolio via focus in three areas:
- Design, optimize, and execute business processes to launch and deliver new services offerings that drive higher solution adoption, customer value, and new business growth and expansion
- Define the Customer Success offerings portfolio analytics strategy and build the analytics and reporting capabilities to enable ongoing management of the offerings
- Create new processes to support a more disciplined Customer Success engagement approach for New Product Introduction
You will partner extensively with cross-functional partners and will be instrumental in helping our teams serve customers faster and more effectively.
We are looking for a well-versed process expert and change agent with solid analytics background who knows how to design for efficiency and operate at scale. You must excel at working with multiple teams to align on strategy but have the process discipline and experience to turn concepts into a “well-oiled machine”. Viewing the world in swim-lanes & governance models, comfort with ambiguity, aptitude for using data to inform operational changes, a passion for “just getting things done”, and experience working iteratively in a fast-paced environment are a must.
If you are looking for a high impact role in a dynamic environment … operating at the intersection of strategy, products, services, customer experience, and execution … come join our team!
- Design, optimize, and execute business processes to standardize and accelerate the delivery of services by both internal Splunk teams and system integrator partners
- Orchestrate end-to-end cross-functional operational team deployment of changes to new and existing services offerings (e.g., price discounting, bundling rules, etc.)
- Develop processes that remove extra steps and friction points with attaching services across key customer touch points (quoting, etc.); represent the voice of the customer
- Develop repeatable playbook(s) to operationalize a New Services Introduction (NSI) process inclusive of operational requirements, tools, policies & procedures
- Champion operational efficiency; identify and recommend solutions to remove bottlenecks
- Orchestrate successful new services offering launches; identify critical path activities across multiple organizations and develop mitigation plans
- Structure analytical problems and develop recommendations utilizing a hypothesis-driven, iterative approach
- Develop and deploy engagement models to optimize interactions between matrixed and rapidly growing teams
- Manage a new collaborative engagement process between Customer Success, Product Management & Product Marketing for New Product Introduction
- Define the Customer Success offering portfolio analytics & management strategy, identifying key components including attach by deal band, offering discounting & profitability, customer usage and feedback, pricing and bundling refinements
- Build and operationalize portfolio analytics and reporting capabilities to enable ongoing management and evolution of the Customer Success portfolio offerings
- Perform and/or partner with CS Analytics for Customer Success portfolio analysis efforts; incorporate developed methodologies into ongoing portfolio reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area or business field; MBA / Masters preferred
- 6-8+ years of professional experience in technology
- 4-6+ years of experience in a focused business operations and/or portfolio analytics role
- 2+ years in management consulting
- 2+ years working in a fast growing software SaaS company
- Demonstrated ability to drive alignment cross-functionally (e.g., finance, sales, etc.) and inspiring change with executive audiences
- Self-starter who can keep extended team(s) motivated and focused
- Experience with Lean or similar operational methodologies
- A “fixer” mentality - whether it works or is broken, you’ll find a way to make it “work better”
- Broad understanding of the role that Customer Success departments (Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Education and Technical Support) play in driving customer adoption in SaaS software
- Extensive experience designing & deploying scalable, efficient business processes
- Solid experience building & operationalizing an analytics informed portfolio management approach
- Demonstrated aptitude for using data and analytics to inform operational and services product management decisions
- Exceptional ability to analyze, structure and synthesize
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Experience working iteratively in a fast-paced environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.