Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a motivated attorney who can play a key role in negotiating agreements to successfully meet the Splunk sales growth in Australia, New Zealand and other markets across Asia Pacific. You will support sales, customer success, and partner teams with a focus on reducing contract cycle time, creating playbooks with unique regional terms, and providing legal training to the teams. This role will report to the Director, APAC Commercial.
To succeed, the role requires you to be diligent and dedicated; possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Act as the legal contact for Splunk’s activities in APAC theater with a primary focus on Australia, New Zealand;
- Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Splunk’s APAC theater with a focus on Australia, New Zealand with Splunk’s global strategy and priorities;
- Provide deep knowledge of relevant aspects of Australian, New Zealand laws, concerning commercial terms including but not limited to data privacy/governance & security, cybersecurity and government contracts;
- Focus primarily on drafting and negotiating outbound software license, sales channel and strategic alliance sales, cloud service, system integrator and OEM contracts;
- Anticipate changes to and advise on relevant laws impacting Splunk’s commercial activities and its customers;
- Lead complex commercial transactions, including developing key strategic relationships;
- Provide continuous improvement of standard form agreements, playbooks, contract templates, and legal processes;
- Effectively advise, educate and train on and assist in the enforcement of Splunk’s corporate policies and compliance programs;
- Implement strategic initiatives that advance Splunk’s business including Splunk’s priorities and initiatives; and
- Perform other legal responsibilities as requested
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials
- At least 10 years of in-depth experience in enterprise software licensing, SaaS and partner sales transactions
- Licensed to practice law in Australia
- Deep substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements, working with two-tier sales partners and experience working in fast-paced technology-driven companies are required
- Proven in-house experience within the legal department of a US listed company
- Ideally, deep experience in compliance, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters, and strong knowledge of local data protection laws required; and knowledge of data protection laws of other APAC countries,
- Superior English Communication skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.