Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a hardworking and self-motivated individual with transactional contract management experience, and at least 10 years of experience in global technology companies to join our growing Legal team in the role of Senior Contract Manager.
You will be keen to develop strong business relationships with each of Procurement, Sales, Finance and Legal, and your internal business clients at Splunk and maintain a "can-do" approach. You should also have a growth mindset that means you can identify business need and any areas for improvement. You will need to enjoy working within defined, yet dynamic, processes.
You will report to Director, Procurement and Commercial (Legal). Your primary focus will be drafting and negotiating key Inbound Commercial Contracts in the US and internationally for our EMEA and APAC regions. You will also be expected to assist our other Commercial legal teams for Sales and Channel.
In this role you will:
- Support be responsible for drafting and negotiation of standard agreements. These include non-disclosure agreements, software licensing (both on-premise and SaaS), maintenance and professional services and partner agreements.
- Work directly with the Procurement team, and external Vendor legal departments.
- Facilitate and deliver all aspects of the contract process. This would include contracts management application and other business applications, contract generation, non-standard term approval and contract signature and close.
- Collaborate with our attorneys across the globe to assess and handle any risks.
- Maintain and develop contract administration such as contract process improvement, and contract management tool maintenance, tracking and reporting.
- Interpret and assess our own and 3rd party agreements and quickly identify the issues that need either a business or legal decision. You will have responsibility for taking key decisions.
- Support and take ownership for the completion of signed commercial agreements.
- Engage with internal compliance and data security teams as needed.
- Take a continuous improvement view of our Legal team and the business. In particular identify amendments to templates and new templates or clauses as required.
- Assist our business with other legal projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree;
- At least ten (10) years of contract management and complex negotiation in a major law firm or a sophisticated in-house legal department.
- Excellent project management and recordkeeping skills.
- Ability to take the initiative, make key decisions and work both independently and within the team. You will prioritize and balance multiple tasks in our dynamic, evolving legal and technology environment.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business.
- Expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Apttus (or another similar tool).
- Strong business sense with a strategic outlook and an interest in working in a high volume, dynamic and friendly team.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records