Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
The Splunk Security Markets Group is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Analyst to support the Product and Sales initiative. This individual will be expected to have a real passion for and deep understanding of the competitive landscape within the Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) market space in an effort to improve product roadmaps, positioning, and sales effectiveness. Through deep technical and product research this individual will be expected to identify competitive advantages and opportunities for improvements, and train peers as well as management on recommendations for improving technologies and new technologies.
- Take pride researching the SOAR market space, current and emerging competitive threats, competitor product strengths, improvements and weaknesses at a very deep and technical level
- Identify and assess competitive strengths as well as growing opportunities, and identify ground breaking methods of exploiting competitive strengths
- Support Product Management with product feature gap analysis, competitive threats and product launch strategies derived from competitive analysis
- Work with marketing to formulate competitive sales strategies, product demonstrations, content, and collateral
- Passionate about working with sales, SEs, and customer success to assist in closing customer sales.
- Formulate competitive sales strategies, business insight, positioning and tools to improve sales effectiveness.
- Committed to working directly with the sales team to help close opportunities
- Deep knowledge with product marketing to create scalable product content and improvements that articulate the benefits & differentiators of our product offerings
- Passionate about analyzing data and building executive reports on rapidly growing win/loss
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT practices, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Security experience (product or practitioner) required
- Highly motivated written and verbal skills are a huge plus - expected to support executive-level presentations and improvements.
- Solid understanding of the sales lifecycle and purchaser mindset.
- Strong grasp on insight generation scalability, influencing, problem solving and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to analyze new, products and competitors and translate that information into actionable intelligence, positioning campaigns and sales tools.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to quickly create collateral to differentiate the Splunk product offering and improvements.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.