Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's Collaboration Team is seeking a Senior Collaboration Engineer for Collaboration Tools with a focus on Security and Compliance.You will deploy and manage collaboration and productivity tools and services for use across the enterprise as well as work with our Legal and compliance teams to work on Legal and security related requests and remediations.
You are comfortable managing Google Workspace and/or Slack Enterprise Grid, and other productivity tools for a fast growing technology firm, working with internal partners from across the company, as well as external vendor partners. You are prepared to set standards, develop policies and procedures for its use, and monitor its success in the business. Automating business processes where possible is an essential part of the role. You will also work closely with Legal and compliance partners to ensure the systems we manage are compliant and fulfill requests from those teams for eDiscovery and litigation holds management.
You will spearhead technical design of the environment, as well as ongoing architecture changes and maintenance. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization with a bright future. Previous experience in rapidly scaling companies is a plus.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will define basic standards and help define governance model for Google workspace and Slack enterprise grid,
- You will build an organizational structure that will allow for maximum automation and scalability
- You will work with Splunk's Identity Management Team for account lifecycle and security policy management
- You will bring to bear your ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- You will balance user experience with security requirements
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+years experience in developing and deploying custom as well as packaged applications running on various SaaS platforms like Google Workspace, Slack etc
- Experience managing Google Workspace and Slack for 2+ years is required
- Experience working with Legal and compliance teams to ensure data compliance and fulfill eDiscovery requests via vendor provided tools or using custom code/APIs is a must have
- Ability to use the Splunk platform to build dashboards to showcase our data stories is a huge plus
- An ability to thrive in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productiveness while solving problems
- Ability to work effectively with team members, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals and objectives, and to identify and resolve problems
- Successful track record in working on multi-functional, cross-team projects
- Horizontal knowledge of other Collab platforms like Zoom, Jira, Confluence etc for systems integration and automation support is a must have
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies outside of the Collaboration tools realm for integration with Slack, and help with employee productivity.
What we offer you: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open,fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.