Splunk's Collaboration Team is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for Collaboration Tools who will develop the service for use across the business. You will be the technical lead during and after rollout, working closely with people from the community to ensure a smooth deployment and long-term success.
You are comfortable owning email, calendar, and document services for a fast growing technology firm, working with internal partners from across the company, as well as external vendor partners. You are prepared to set standards, develop policies and procedures for its use, and monitor its success in the business. Automating business process where possible is an essential part of the role.
You will spearhead technical design of the environment, as well as ongoing architecture changes and maintenance. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization with a bright future. Previous experience in rapidly scaling companies is a plus.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will define basic standards and help define governance model, Email and Document management systems
- You will build an organizational structure that will allow for maximum automation and scalability
- You will work with Splunk's Identity Management Team for account lifecycle and security policy management
- You will bring to bear your ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- You will balance user experience with security requirements
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+years experience in engineering and running Exchange, G Suite and other SaaS apps
- Practical knowledge of security standards for mail, identity management, and related tools
- Strong GAM knowledge and facility
- Demonstrated experience in documenting
- An ability to thrive in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productiveness while solving problems
- Ability to work effectively with team members, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals and objectives, and to identify and resolve problems
- Successful track record in working on multi-functional, cross-team projects
- Basic scripting knowledge for automation of processes
What we offer you: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open,fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.