Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This role provides engineering and operational support for performing intelligence/ threat-based security assessments on Splunk systems, cloud infrastructure, and internal orchestration tooling to identify security risks. It also works to brief systems owners of the potential impacts of those risks to their mission. Blue team engineers perform unbiased comprehensive assessments that produce meaningful security recommendations that are tailored to the environment. This includes:
- Blue Team roles include risk assessment, detailed technical recommendations and coordination of remediation and mitigation strategies.
- Researching, developing, operationalizing, evaluating, and improving defensive tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for detecting and responding to modern cyber threats, including development in languages like Python and GO
- Participate in strategic development, implementation and execution of Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP).
- Develop internal SOPs and job aids to support team initiatives
- Develop automation for detection and testing tooling
- Five or more years of security experience in penetration testing, information security hardening technologies and techniques, blue teaming, cyber attack simulation, cloud infrastructure security, or similar.
- A strong foundation in the deployment of a wide range of security solutions. Experience in Linux systems administration and cloud-based infrastructure is required.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess problems and requests from multiple perspectives, analyze approach feasibility, and decide on the efficient course of action.
- A proven understanding of multi-tenant deployments at scale. This includes security, hardening, policies, and deployment in infrastructures such as Amazon or Google Cloud
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate technical information to others
- Experience with Splunk, DevOps tools, Kubernetes, CI/CD, and Git
- Preference for one or more of the following certifications: GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN, OSCP, CEH, OSCE, or OSWE
This is a FULLY REMOTE, US-based position. We welcome applicants anywhere in the US! You must be a US Citizen working on US soil to be considered.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.