Splunk is here to build a safer and more resilient digital world. The world's leading enterprises use our unified security and observability platform to keep their digital systems secure and reliable. While customers love our technology, it's our people that make Splunk stand out as an amazing career destination and why we've won so many awards as a best place to work. If you become a Splunker, we want your whole, authentic self, what we call your "million data points''. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you vary.
The Cloud Control Plane organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use innovative technology. The focus is always on automation, solving sophisticated challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
We have a substantial AWS, GCP, Azure, and Kubernetes presence of large-scale traditional & containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to apply your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What you'll get to do!
- Extend and maintain our Kubernetes infrastructure across various Cloud Providers. A major focus of this role is developing and evolving our Kubernetes-based control plane. Our goal is to enable scalable and secure deployments on various cloud computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure).
- Deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance, efficiency, and security. Technologies include DNS management, GSLB/Anycast, Load Balancing (IPVS, L4, L7), API Gateways and Service Meshes, IP address management (IPAM), TLS infrastructure for securing network communication.
- Automation. You are driven by adopting and mastering new technologies to automate routine tasks and free up time for innovation. You will be utilizing a variety of languages used in systems programming, ranging from Go to Python to Terraform.
- Distributed systems programming. Experience in working on and debugging distributed systems like CDNs, Kubernetes infrastructure, databases, data replication, etc.
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You routinely use continuous delivery, testing and security best practices.
- Operational excellence. Diving into data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. Capable of navigating through a product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
- Desire to learn and adapt. Our agile team has a lot of projects going on at once, and you will have the opportunity to learn to navigate the code and features. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. In this role you will actively own your work and be excited about your projects.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
What we look for:
- You have experience deploying critical cloud infrastructure solutions using state-of-the-art engineering principles.
- Experience handling SaaS and/or On-prem applications for a large customer base.
- Have experience with one or more of the public cloud providers i.e. AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with scripting for automation using Bash/Python/Go.
- Experience with CI/CD (Gitlab, Jenkins etc.,) and automation (Terraform etc.,) technologies and tools.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior engineers on the team, provide technical direction, perform design/code reviews and champion engineering standard methodologies.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: PLN 220,800.00 - 303,600.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.