Partner Sales Engineer (m/w/d) – Strategic Partners & System Integrators - Central Region
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
As a Splunk Partner Sales Engineer – Strategic Partners & System Integrators you will be responsible for driving growth through your assigned partners. Working closely with the Partner sales team, sales engineering and consulting team you will ensure the technical excellence and adoption through technical account planning, evangelization and education on Splunk products and selling strategies.
1. Technical excellence
The Partner SE is responsible for all technical enablement of assigned partners. Understanding the partners business model and current capabilities whilst developing new strategies and services is key. The Partner SE is also responsible for the development of a Technical Account Plan, and this should be constructed in accordance to the requirements of the Splunk Partner+ program, the partner sales team and the partner needs.
The Partner SE drives excitement and interest in Splunk by evangelizing on new use-cases, services and solutions based on the Splunk platform - on-premise or in the cloud. The Partner SE will drive growth with the partner and ensure the Partner is investing in additional technical capabilities.
The Partner SE must manage strong working relationships with key stakeholders within Splunk and the Partner. This ensures efficient work on a given opportunity as well as having the right resources in place at the right time. Building this technical community will lead to partner engineers advocating for Splunk at their customers and help driving growth.
4. Sales support
Where a Partner needs support from Splunk the Partner SE will engage in opportunities. He will support those by training the partner through shadowing or by pairing the Partner technical lead with the appropriate Splunk Account Sales Engineer.
The Partner SE is responsible that the correct Splunk resources are known and utilized properly by the partner. The Partner SE will stay on top of all key pre-sales activities in order to ensure the Partner needs are being addressed in time.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- 5+ years experience in selling Enterprise software solutions or services
- Strong German language skills, both written and verbally
- Push joint offering and innovation with key partner
- Support the creation of specific solutions based on Splunk application
- Serve as the technical spearhead in joint lighthouse projects and pilot
- Act as the interface between Splunk engineering and partners to help drive future innovatio
- Develop an understanding of partner offerings and capabilities and evangelize within Splunk
- Create and deliver passionate and motivating presentations, both business-focused and technical
- Support and manage knowledge transfer of Splunk technical excellence and best practice
- Present our solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows
- Work with partners to deliver and lead Proof of Value and Proof of Concept engagements to a successful outcomer
- Answer complex business and technical questions, addressing customer and partner concerns
- Work closely with pre-sales teams to continually improve operating rhythm and pre-sales processes.
- Conduct workshops, enablement, and partner certification sessions.
- Advocate for our partners to ensure they have a voice within the Splunk community.
- Overcome sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Communicate and deliver product messaging at all levels, from an SE-level deep dive to a C-level elevator pitch.
- Ability and willingnessto travel 50%.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Domain experience in at least one of the following areas: Big Data,Machine Learning, Application Performance Management, Security & Compliance, Web Analytics, Operational Intelligence, ITOA, App/Dev Lifecycle, and Internet of Things.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the business challenges, drivers, technology, and market challenges of big data/machine data in different verticals.
- Previous experience working in or with Value Added Resellers, System Integrators or Service Providers.
- Understanding of primary sales drivers for partners. i.e. Margin/MDF.
- Ability to participate in account/business planning sessions to identify new and follow-up solution, services, and education opportunities.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.