Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Business Systems Analyst, you will be part of the core team who will be responsible for the design, development, support, maintenance & improvements of the Xactly application & related processes supporting the sales and finance organizations. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Analyze complex business problems relating to systems and/or processes. Develop and assist business partners with developing requirements, identifying gaps and translating business requirements into technical solutions.
- Maintain, configure the Incentive Compensation and Commission Expense Accounting Systems (Xactly Incent and Xactly CEA).
- Support the day to day operation and use of Xactly, providing training, data management, ongoing support, solving problems and developing the system to support business strategies.
- Act as Solution architect for Xactly application, leading solution design, and support Splunk’s Xactly instance.
- Develop technical solutions to requirements/issues; validate and communicate solutions to internal and external team members, test solutions and ensure it meets specifications.
- Collaborate closely with the Global Compensation Manager, IT and Business Operation across the world to design, improve and implement the use and adoption of the compensation system (UI design, reporting, systems interconnections), making use of formal tools and documentation (project plans, diagrams, charts, etc) in alignment with the company goals.
- Provide ongoing production support to the business community regarding application functionality and data integrity.
- Monitor data flows to and from Xactly platform to ensure all data integrity/accuracy.
- Document Standard Operating procedures as part of the regular support & maintenance activities.
- Communicate and document the critical process &/or system functionality changes to the business users.
- Test Solutions to ensure they meet the business requirements/specifications.
- Run/facilitate the UAT sessions with the business partners.
I’ve already done that or have that!Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with the Xactly Product Suite including but not limited to: Xactly Incent, Xactly CEA and Xactly Connect
- Experience with SQL and developing integrated solutions between systems
- Experience on Xactly Integration with external applications such as Salesforce, Snowflake, Anaplan, ERP (S/4), HR (Workday).
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles.
- Deep understanding of end to end Sales Compensation processes & systems.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- Ability to work optimally in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely and ensure others are informed.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize to ensure work is done in a timely and high quality manner.
- Must be Detailed Oriented, Process & documentation oriented.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Xactly Incent & CEA Certified.
Education: Got it!
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent years of industry experience.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).