Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to add a Senior Business Systems Analyst to our Business Applications team to support our Configure Price Quote (CPQ) ecosystem and solutions. This role is for you if possess a blend of engagement skills, crave for technology and system knowledge, attention to details, critical thinking, and a passion for frictionless systems. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
Location: San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
As a Sr. BSA, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of business process supporting Salesforce CPQ application. Additionally you will also work with the several business partners, end-users and their management to improve processes and workflows.
- Facilitate design, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of CPQ platform for Direct and Indirect Sales teams by partnering with different functions such as Sales Ops, Channel Ops, Pricing, and IT
- Develop and maintain technical design documents related to system architecture.
- Maintain a holistic view of all business system processes and users, to understand functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting.
- Support the integration of Billing application to the ERP.
- Responsible for owning system configuration and user setup as needed. Configure fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, saved searches and dashboards.
- Experience in creating/updating system documentation including configuration changes, data mapping requirements, functional designs, test cases and deployment plans as needed for the engagement.
- Documenting, maintaining standardization and dedicatedly seeking ways to constantly improve processes & procedures.
- Validate software quality and conformance to specifications and business requirements through unit-functional testing; and Identify the root cause of defects and develop fixes in the system.
- Work with management, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Finance Business team to scope work and produce estimates.
- Collaborate closely with other solution architects to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Provide pre- and post-implementation technical support.
- Working with SFDC support to resolve issues with Subscription Billing and related applications. Maintain smooth operation and performance of the platform.
- Ability to prioritize to ensure work is done in a timely and high quality manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities of the business and seek out ways to develop new skills.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7+ years of experience as a business analyst implementing and/or supporting Salesforce CPQ or other CPQ platforms
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystem
- Experience in developing business process and requirements for integrating CPQ with boundary systems such as CRM, CLM and ERP
- Deep understanding of overall Salesforce ecosystem
- You have come from a programming background using one or more of the languages such as APEX, Visualforce, Java, Python
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles.
- Deep understanding on CPQ and Quote-to-Cash processes.
- Understanding of Opportunity Management & Order Management processes is preferred.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- You have the desire to learn and apply new technologies
- Understanding of cloud offerings market space concepts
- You have good interpersonal skills
- Deep experience and expertise translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact systems
- Passion for exceptional documentation including diagrams, standards, and project papers
- Must be able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.