As a Business Intelligence Analyst (IT), you are responsible for partnering with finance teams across the organization to understand their analytics needs, analyze data and assist with automated reports and dashboards in Splunk's business intelligence (BI) platform. Gather requirements, analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders with an eye for what drives business performance. Develop data models from large data sets in Splunk’s data warehouse to help automate reporting and drive adoption and effective use of BI tool within every team.
- Work with cross-departmental finance business partners, Data/BI engineers and own the end to end delivery of the data warehouse platform improvements, which includes documenting and prioritizing user stories, demoing solution designs, testing and releasing changes into a Production Data Warehouse environment.
- Understanding of finance/accounting processes and data with experience implementing finance-based BI dashboards and analytics tools
- Analyse data from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile conflicts, and process metrics and details to drive decision-making. Provide guidance to Finance business partners in constructing data metrics, statistics, and analysis.
- Serve as a data subject matter expert in projects to support Finance (ERP/Accounting/RevRec) related initiatives or other automation efforts leveraging the Finance data assets and applications.
- 12+ years of professional experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence in Technical/Engineering role.
- Proven track record working directly with business application teams (such as SFDC, SAP, Workday and other SaaS applications) and data engineering teams in a high scale environment.
- Experience with Data Warehouse Techniques (Data Modeling, ETL, Database systems, Business Intelligence) in SaaS stack such as Snowflake, Tableau, etc.
- Exposure to Data Processes in SaaS business applications such as SFDC, SAP, Workday, etc.
- Experience with SAP Core Finance (GL, AP, AA etc.), and SAP ERP data structures (RTR,PTP including Ariba, OTC) and ODATA integration concepts are desirable.
- Strong SQL query experience (must be able to analyze large,complex data sets). Tableau dashboard development experience is a plus. Knowledge of Python programming is desirable.
- Familiar with PM methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, etc.) and knowledge of when to apply methodologies.
- Ability to communicate persuasive discussions, write clearly and concisely, listen attentively, and collaborate with partners to reach mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations