Senior Business Flow Lead - Business Velocity & Transformation - Adopt-to-Renew (Customer Success)
As a member of the Business Velocity & Transformation team at Splunk, you are a part of the Global Business Operations function leading the meaningful, transformative work that Splunk needs to build strategies that can be operationalized and sustained over the long term - positioning our company for continued growth.
As a Senior Business Flow Lead, you are a business strategist and technologist who helps leaders across end-to-end value streams define and align on a clear strategic direction, develop differentiating capabilities, reimagine organizational and operating models, and take full advantage of digitization.
You leverage a robust and diverse toolkit of codified tools and methodologies to help leaders quickly and comprehensively evaluate business capabilities, assess the key drivers and issues impacting business flow performance, and customize solutions that quickly drive measurable results.
For Adopt-to-Renew in particular, you have deep subject matter expertise and operational experience spanning multiple customer success functions (e.g., Customer Success Management, Renewal Coordination and Management, Customer Support, Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Customer Education, etc.).
Your experience and expertise reflects a deep understanding of the ways SaaS companies develop Adopt-to-Renew capabilities to influence the customer success equation. You are a passionate advocate for the evolution of the Customer Success capabilities in a fast-paced SaaS company.
If you are inspired by the opportunity to build the right strategies to take our business to the next level, evolving our Adopt-to-Renew capabilities and setting our customers and people up for success - then this job is for you!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Translate strategy into plans for transforming and strengthening Adopt-to-Renew capabilities and business flow.
- Understand Splunk’s operating model and commercial objectives and engage with various Adopt-to-Renew functional leaders to understand their long- and short-term business strategies
- Support Adopt-to-Renew functional leaders to establish capability transformation roadmaps, define transformation program goals and objectives, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Partner with Business Process Owners in process delivery and process re-engineering; anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop/implement solutions
Analyze business challenges and design solutions that deliver value across the ALAER customer engagement model.
- Analyze business challenges (as-is), generate creative ideas/potential solution approaches (to-be), and help drive, design, deliver and document holistic solutions across people, process, technology, and data dimensions
- Leverage expertise in industry best practices, policies, procedures, and methodologies to establish process excellence and ensure transformation objectives are met (and measurable)
- Leverage a combination of strong business acumen, solid analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent facilitation techniques to lead the business into an operationally excellent end solution
Serve as a Adopt-to-Renew process expert on transformation programs, especially for teams developing solutions on our internal-facing products/systems (e.g., Salesforce, Gainsight, Aviso, Xactly, etc.).
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand, analyze, refine, prioritize, and communicate business needs to ensure that the assigned agile team fully understands the project scope, objectives, and requirements
- Develop artifacts that translate business needs into executable, user-centered requirements - clearly articulating requirements and decisions to business users, product teams, and internal stakeholders
- Work with client stakeholders, scrum masters, and product teams to maintain, prioritize, and sequence them based on business value or ROI - coming up with creative ways to test ideas and introduce value early
Work across organizations as a change agent.
- Maintain a diverse, cross-functional network and serve as a liaison for the Business Transformation team, transformation programs, and/or Adopt-to-Renew business stakeholders
- Work with change management, learning and development, and communications teams to ensure business readiness for change and the adoption of new ways of working needed to realize the value of transformation programs and technology investments
- Support Business Velocity & Transformation efforts to strengthen Splunk’s organizational muscle to successfully plan for and execute transformations
Maintain your position as a subject matter - staying connected to the customer success industry and adopt-to- renew technology vendors to help in the overall design of our strategy, processes and technology architecture as well as undertaking functional comparisons
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 12 years management consulting and/or industry experience in areas such as: strategy and operational excellence, benchmarking and data-driven performance, people and organizational change, technology and digital solutions, adoption engine and customer success operations, etc.
- Experience and expertise across Customer Success functions (e.g., Customer Success Management, Renewal Coordination and Management, Customer Support, Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Customer Education, etc.) - particularly in a high-growth, highly-scaled SaaS Environment - and have experienced the journey of moving from perpetual to SaaS business models
- Experience assisting business units in understanding their strategic drivers, converting these into strategic long-term objectives and business cases, and leading business transformations or Adopt-to-Renew capability evolutions accelerated by enterprise technologies (e.g., Salesforce, Gainsight, etc.) - you identify opportunities for efficiency and productivity that are realized through technology
- Familiar with execution within agile software delivery frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc.) especially for the automation of business processes, improvements, or redesigns - bonus points for experience driving team cadence, running Scrum ceremonies, facilitating Backlog Refinement sessions, etc.
- You are known for: asking tough questions to understand the “why”, communicating complex principles simply, collaborating with cross-functional teams composed of diverse business and technical stakeholders, taking a solution-based approach that leverages our collective knowledge, taking personal accountability and getting the work done.
- Your super powers! Are you a consultant who built a career solving problems in these domains? Have you earned advanced certifications for relevant methodologies or technologies? We want to know how the breadth and depth of your experiences sets you apart!
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
MBA a plus but not required (especially if you have other super powers, see above)Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.