Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you excited about data? Join us in the Data Collection engineering team to develop the sophisticatedplatform services, frameworks and tooling that allow customers and developers to collect massive amounts of data from a multitude of devices, operating systems, logs, metrics and more, in the scale and reliable way.
Getting a vast variety of massive data in and ready for analysis is never easy. Splunk is looking for Senior Software Engineersto join our Data Collection team to lead the design and development of sophisticated products to collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scale and reliable way both for Cloud and On-premise customers.
- You have 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- You have strong skills in Java, Go or Python.
- You have expertise with developing and interfacing with thoughtfully designed HTTP APIs (REST or GraphQL)
- You are comfortable working with development on multiple operating systems using CI/CD processes. Practicing test-driven development.
- You have experience working on ultra-high performance software that processes massive amounts of data in real-time
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor junior team members
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are familiar with agile software development process
- You have a BS CS/EE or equivalent
Additional Skills would be a plus:
- Experience with cloud technologies. Ideally with certification from AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes to build production environments
- Experience to build and nurture a developer ecosystem with well-defined and well-documented API/SDK/Guide/Console/etc.
- Experience working with CI/CD infrastructure, such as Jenkins 2.0 or GitLab CI
- Prior experience with Splunk or a similar analytics solution
- Experience working with directly with customers
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.