Senior Backend Engineer, Cloud Computing, Spacebridge
Do you want to be part of an organization responsible for building the next generations of Splunk's visual experiences such as mobile and dashboards? Do you have a passion for building new APIs and services that enable mobile growth?
Splunk's Mobile engineering team is looking for an expert back-end developer to build an innovative Spacebridge service that enables secure delivery of requested data from multiple on-prem instances to mobile devices. High availability and high throughput of our service is paramount to achieve our org's goal - a flawless user experience.
You will get to work with a dedicated individuals who are doing state of the art development work in areas of data analytics and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software. You will be interacting with UX, PM and customer teams to understand detailed requirements. You will also cooperate with engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- Enjoying designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Proven experience in defining and leading critical, architectural decisions for a development team, providing sound technical direction and communicating effectively
- Excitement about building RESTful and gRPC APIs
- Experience collaborating with design and cross functional engineering teams to make the sophisticated simple for our users
- You have worked with web application frameworks such as Java (we use Vert.x) or Python (Django and Flask). We are also starting with Go!
- You have built applications on AWS or equivalent services
- Most of all, we solve tough problems, so our expectation is that you constantly demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and great attention to details
- You have strong communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- You have an ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
Nice to have
- You are familiar with writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- You have experience in building services that support native mobile (Android or iOS) apps
- You are skilled at using React, CSS & HTML to produce interfaces from design mock-ups
- You are proficient with GIT
- Strong computer science fundamentals
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity to work fully or partially remotely
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, exploring new technologies, bringing in open source projects and contributing back (both code and community).
- A set of exceptionally collaborative and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, QA and UX to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership, accountability and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!