Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This position is responsible for managing a team of Legal Assistants and providing administrative support to senior members of the Legal & Global Affairs department. The position will require day to day personnel management of staff and office administrative support. The role is based in San Francisco or San Jose and will report to our Legal Operations Manager.
Personal Characteristics and Skills:
You demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm and resourcefulness, and maintain a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability. You enjoy multi-tasking and operating multi-functionally and are flexible and willing to work through day-to-day manual tasks. You have an extremely high attention to detail and willingness to learn. You possess established organizational skills and impeccable recordkeeping and record retention skills. You communicate (written and oral) with all levels of the organization to effectively convey ideas. You maintain a keen appreciation for the sensitivity and confidentiality of the work and a sense of humor. You live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
- Supporting Legal & Global Affairs Leadership team (VP-level reports to the SVP, Chief Legal Officer, Global Affairs), including:
- Managing multiple calendars to proactively anticipate and resolve meeting conflicts, setting up critical meetings across global time zones
- Coordinating complex domestic and international travel logistics and preparing detailed itineraries
- Managing expense reports coordination and submissions
- Managing and leading a staff of Legal Assistants to ensure the team performs successfully
- Conserving time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting, editing and proofing letters and documents, including PowerPoint; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunication
- Planning, organizing and executing on special projects including events, off-sites, budgets and preparations for senior leadership meetings
- Acting as a liaison for assigned senior leaders relaying and exchanging information with others including but not limited to: executives, senior leaders, board members and clients, and other organizations or constituents.
- Managing POs/legal vendor and outside contractor onboarding
- Executing new employee and contractor onboarding logistics
- Creating department updates on the intranet for intra-department and inter-department sites
- Maintaining third-party resource subscriptions
- Obtaining physical and electronic signatures (printing, tabbing, scanning, filing) and processing signed agreements
- Managing facilities/IT troubleshooting and submitting service tickets for remediation
- Organizing department professional development training program; including coordinating Knowledge Shares and live and web-based CLE and web-based trainings, arranging internal and external presenters and tracking attendance
- Managing attorney continuing legal education (CLE) requirements and legal professional bar memberships
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Find new and efficient ways to create work processes to help maximize leadership’s time, including weekly and quarterly reporting, goal tracking, and team meetings
- Enhance and maintain systems and processes to help maximize time, identifying where there are gaps and/or when iterations may be needed in order to optimize for efficiency
- Deepening your understanding of the responsibilities and tendencies of the leadership that you support so that you can anticipate needs proactively and work autonomously to get ahead of them
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6-10 years of law firm or in-house experience as an administrative assistant
- Experience in a dynamic high-performing environment requiring a high level of responsiveness
- Experience working in-house at a technology/SaaS company strongly preferred
- Highly motivated, organized individual able to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with PC and Mac O/S
- Strong word processing and PowerPoint skills with expertise in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, DocuSign required
- Tech savvy with experience with, SAP (Ariba/Concur), SimpleLegal, Concur, ServiceNow, and Egencia required
- Notary strongly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.