Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company, and we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Senior Accounts Payable General Ledger Accountant to help support the business. This role requires a highly motivated individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities and a positive attitude. The ideal contender should have the skills to work independently as well as in a team setting and demonstrate strong organizational skills along with the aptitude to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet critical deadlines and thrive in a highly driven environment. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the AP function. This position will report to the Sr Accounts Payable Manager and will be based in our San Jose location.
- Proficiency in processing high volume of data accurately and efficiently to assist with monthly/quarterly delivery of AP reporting/critical metrics and KPI requirements for leadership as needed.
- Responsible for the monitoring and cleaning of the AP aging report for all subsidiaries which includes providing monthly explanation for 60+ days old invoices.
- Support cash management by reviewing and maintaining an up-to-date and accurate AP Invoice Aging and effectively communicate and raise issues to manager in a timely manner.
- Review multiple control reports and assist with urgent requests by supplying information quickly, efficiently and accurately in an organized manner while identifying the root cause and addressing issues as needed.
- Participate in collecting relevant data, preparing trend reports and assist in analyzing the data and presenting the findings to managers. Includes AP flux analysis, aging top vendors, aging trend analysis, and DPO calculation.
- Responsible for the preparation and completeness of monthly and quarterly metrics and KPI reporting requirements.
- Perform monthly end close procedures, quarter-end and year-end duties, reconcile credit card payments, including preparing accrual journal entries and account reconciliations. Resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the preparation and completeness of Form 1099s and maintain the records of all suppliers.
- Effectively collaborate with cross functional teams such as but not limited to Accounting, Tax, Procurement, FP&A, and the BPO.
- The liaison between AP Analyst and auditors for PBC request for quarter and year end audit.
- Collaborate with AP team members to help maintain AP related accounting policies, including documentation of desktop and internal control procedures along with identifying and implementing process improvements and efficiencies by gaining better understanding of process gaps and system.
- Execute the Accounting and FP&A team requests such as additional flux and quarterly cashflow analysis and special projects within scope and designated timeline as needed, including aligning with internal controls, assist with requests from internal SOX auditors, and annual external audit.
- A back up for the AP Analyst with the full-cycle accounts payable process, including review and approve invoices to ensure that company’s policy have been followed and vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Assist the AP manager with managing inquiries which involves communicating requirements with management, vendors and business owners to ensure accuracy. Ability to assess and quickly escalate crucial issues to management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
- 4+ years of Accounts Payable General Ledger or equivalent Accounting experience.
- Experience with NetSuite, SAP or equivalent.
- ERP Implementation and User Acceptance Testing experience would be a plus
- Good aptitude working with systems, process improvements and automation.
- High energy and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Customer service attitude with a readiness to tackle challenges in a rapid growing dynamic environment.
- Perform tasks independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to follow through to completion.
- Experience working with systems, process improvements and automation.
- Able to handle high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to collaborate, ability to prioritize, and organize work effectively
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.