Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk's employees are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Role
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company and we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Senior Accounts Payable Accountant to help support the business. This role requires a highly motivated individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities and a positive attitude. The ideal contender should have the skills to work independently as well as in a team setting and demonstrate strong organizational skills along with the aptitude to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet critical deadlines and thrive in a highly driven environment. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the AP function.
This position will report to the Accounts Payable Manager and will be based in our San Jose location.Responsibilities
- Responsible for full cycle global accounts payable.
- Ensure all incoming mail which includes scanning and sending the soft copy to the AP inbox is processed. Make sure to receive, code, and forward invoices to the team for processing and answering questions promptly. Provide support on rejected and recurring bills and ensure bills are corrected and processed in a timely manner and follow up when needed.
- Review and approve invoices for errors to ensure timely payment to vendors in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Review the Invoices Pending Approval Report weekly to ensure business owners approve old bills timely.
- Run end to end ad hoc payment request process and at times follow up with check signers to ensure completion.
- Identify root cause and quickly escalate urgent crucial requests to manager; this includes reviewing vendor statements, researching and supplyng information quickly, efficiently and accurately in order to respond to external/internal inquiries and communicate resolution with management, vendors and business owners.
- Proficiency in processing high volume of data accurately and efficiently to play a role with monthly/quarterly delivery of AP reporting/critical metrics and KPI requirements for leadership as needed.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team on annual vendor record clean up to support the 1099 preparation and filing process and help manage the 1099 vendor to ensure timely filing.
- Handle the maintenance of AP related accounting policies, including documentation of desktop and internal control procedures along with identifying and implementing process improvements and efficiencies by gaining better understanding of process gaps and system.
- Effectively collaborate with cross functional teams such as but not limited to Accounting, Tax, Procurement, FP&A, and Shared Services to ensure proper processing and documentation for timely payment.
- Support cash management by reviewing and maintaining an up-to-date and accurate AP Invoice Aging and effectively communicate and raise issues to manager in a timely manner.
- Administer the weekly payments runs for both the US and International entities to ensure timely payments to vendors which at times includes preparation, distribute, and/or mail check payments as needed.
- Partner with Accounts Receivables to process customer refunds on a timely manner.
- Train assignments for team members and Shared Services resources as needed.
- Execute the Accounting and FP&A team requests such as flux and quarterly cashflow analysis and special projects within scope and designated timeline as needed, including aligning with internal controls, assist with requests from internal SOX auditors, and annual external audit.
- Perform transactional reviews of junior level AP Accountant and Shared Services resource work product to ensure transactions are processed in accordance with AP policies and procedures
- Review, perform root cause analysis and resolve complicated/advanced exception-based transactions to ensure proper AP processing/handling. Support Manager on strategies to reduce exception volume.
- Perform month end close procedures, quarter-end and year-end duties, reconcile credit card payments, including preparing accrual journal entries and account reconciliations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years Accounts Payable or equivalent accounting experience.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent.
- ERP Implementation experience would be a plus
- Experience working with systems, process improvements and automation.
- Able to handle high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Excellent written and verbal interactive skills, including the ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Customer service attitude with a readiness to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing dynamic environment.
- Able to collaborate, ability to prioritize, and organize work effectively
- Perform tasks independently and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills and can follow through to completion.
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.