Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Senior Accountant will join a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company as a key, full-time member of the Corporate Accounting team. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the accounting function. As the Senior Accountant, you will report to the EMEA Sr. Accounting Manager and will work closely with accounting, and other teams globally to support monthly close, consolidation process, statutory compliance and financial reporting for Splunk’s EMEA entities. You will also assist in researching technical accounting guidance and conclude on accounting topics. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help develop efficient and scalable processes that will enable the accounting team to keep pace with Splunk’s tremendous growth as we strive to reach our goal of hitting $5 billion in annual revenue and beyond.
- Support month close of various entities, which includes preparation, review, and approval of various types of journal entries, prepare and review of balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis.
- You will collaborate with inhouse tax team and external accounting firm to ensure filing of financial statements, statistics and various tax returns.
- You will prepare balance sheet and income statement flux variance analysis, cash flow reports etc., for management reporting.
- You will support the team to build and improve accounting and reporting controls and procedures in the course of the monthly and quarterly close, including accounting close packages for legal entities, financial reporting reconciliations, support of local entities reporting requirements, analytics and efficiency metrics.
- You will be leading the statutory audit support of some EMEA entities. You will coordinate the timely delivery of inputs required for audit from various teams.
- You will assist in designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring corporate accounting policies and procedures; and assist in internal control and process documentation.
- You will manage assigned projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, decision ready information to our business partners.
- You will manage and resolve EMEA entities compliance requirements, ensuring all issues are thoroughly investigated and resolved through the internal and external channels available.
- Execute special purpose or ad-hoc analysis or projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA qualification is preferred
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience is required, preferable a combination of private and public industry experience in the IT industry
- Possesses a good understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements with strong knowledge of IFRS standards
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- Takes initiative to implement changes that will simplify and improve processes
- Willing to tackle challenges in a continuously changing environment
- Prior experience in managing EMEA entities compliance and accounting requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the team, management, peers, cross-functional groups and EMEA regional business partners.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience in a global ERP system is required with hands on SAP experience preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.