Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the leader in big data, machine learning analytics with a significant presence in the cybersecurity market. We are seeking a Risk Analyst to join our Risk Management team. In this role you will work on supporting cybersecurity risk assessments and related efforts, planning, prioritization and managing risk findings & mitigation activities.
- You will prioritize cyber risk findings by connecting with finding reporters, risk owners, and mitigation teams to gain insight, details, and context around the risk findings
- Manage and track due dates and ETAs for risk finding mitigation efforts
- You will optimally communicate the situation that may result in a negative outcome, including what the consequences of the realization of the risk finding would include
- Map risk findings to existing cyber risks from formal assessments
- Own the development of work instructions related to the building, implementation, and documentation of processes to support the cyber risk management team
- Set the priority of risk findings and issues for risk assessments
- Track and report cyber risk metrics using Splunk, Jira and Confluence
- You will be able to sift through and coordinate projects across various teams, call out dependencies based on established protocols
- You will perform cyber risk management activities and planning for contingencies to ensure SLAs are met
- You will deliver metrics and create reports to gauge the performance of the team
- You will support the identification of KPI’s to help the team work in an analytical manner
- 1+ year(s) of experience in cybersecurity risk management
- Bachelor's degree in a business or relevant technical major at an accredited university
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity and risk management principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have excellent time management and organization skills
- You are awesome with the Google suite of tools including web-based tool (SharePoint/Confluence/Jira/etc) skills
- You have shown a real passion for team experiences where you can work on projects together
- You thrive in a rapidly changing and constantly growing environment
- You succeed in a virtual work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum hourly rate of $28.85. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).