Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an exceptional leader to join our team as the Director of Regional Security Executives in the South Region. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will be able to sell enterprise software solutions to large organisations, experience successfully leading front line specialist sales teams, a deep passion and experience in security, and a history of overachieving team quotas
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and employee value.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, be a player /coach, hands on with the team? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- An open, supportive, and collaborative work environment.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and retain an all-star sales specialist team: Inspire, empower, mentor and motivate, while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Train new hires on sales process & specialist products, ensure standards of success are clearly articulated.
- Consistently deliver revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Lead, report, and analyse the pipeline and forecast for the security business.
- Represent the Splunk Security business unit to the field and partner community. Help drive our regional security GTM strategy.
- Direct security sales & channel activities within assigned area, set expectations, provide mentorship, prioritise efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales cycle.
- Mentor team to uncover customer security needs, develop champions, present specific cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of Splunk security products by selling value and return on investment.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with generalist field sales teams, sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to build an outstanding customer experience.
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 5+ years’ experience of building and leading sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company
- 10+ years enterprise software selling experience to large enterprises.
- Highly collaborative in nature with demonstrated leadership of working across teams to interlock with full support.
- Validated ability to apply security and cloud expertise in building relationships with customer CISO/SecOps/Business Security Leaders
- Able to consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business both outside, and within the organisation.
- Skilled at business planning and high level at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDPICC and Challenger methodologies is a plus
- Must have in depth knowledge of the overall security landscape.
- Excellent understanding of the security operations & cloud security trends CISSP or other security relevant certification preferred
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, collaboration, strategy and vision
- Hardworking persona and polished demeanour. Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.