Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you interested in being part of a small, diverse team passionate about building technologies that change the way people learn? Splunk Education is looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join our Education Technologies Team. Our team is focused on building systems that help users learn to use our products in innovative ways.
Do you love tackling interesting problems and coming up with clean, stable solutions that delight users? We need to talk.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to grow as an Sec-Ops engineer. This role will provide a constant stream of new things to learn, providing the opportunity to expand your current knowledge and deep dive into new technologies.
- Growth. We strongly believe in growing team members through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- We pride ourselves on a collaborative, open and supported work environment.
- The ability to work from home, or one of our many offices across the globe
I want to and can do that!
- Partner with Splunk’s Global Security Operations team to execute the Security organization’s vision and strategy to promote a security-focused culture and mindset.
- Provide service maintenance, change control, operational support, information protection, system resiliency and break fix.
- Drive the process for reducing our vulnerability attack surface across our cloud infrastructure.
- Design and implement a secure foundation for network infrastructure and release pipeline.
- Document and report the current state of our security posture and define our security target roadmap.
- Mentor fellow technical members on the Education Team to enable their use of Splunk to satisfy Security goals.
I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8+ years’ experience with IT or working in a large enterprise environment
- Splunk Certified Architect II or 2+ years architecture experience with distributed
* Splunk deployment, utilizing search head clustering, indexer clustering, and deployment server
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, oozes creativity, and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase security technology.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys a fast-paced, innovative software environment.
- Experience in interacting with security customers and onboarding, configuration, and optimization in Splunk
- Experience with using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Proficient with operating systems and many other security data types.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.