This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. At Splunk, we've grown rapidly across central Europe by helping leading companies (including 90 of the Fortune 100) go from data to business outcomes faster than ever.
As we expand across Germany, Switzerland, Austria and beyond, we're seeking values-driven professionals to continue driving record growth while cultivating customer innovation.
Join us on our journey and enjoy a culture of inclusiveness, disruption, and fun while selling smart and winning big.
About the Role
As a Splunk Security Market Expert (m/f/d) – with a Focus on Central region (Germany, Austria & Switzerland), you will be responsible for aggressively building, growing & accelerating the security business in your region. You will already have a deep security domain knowledge focused on areas such as SIEM, SOC building, security machine learning & data science or security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR). Highly adept in working cross functionally with sales, partner, technical services, product management and senior leadership teams to drive bookings, go-to-market [GTM] strategy & customer success, you will no doubt, you will have a large network of senior & technical security contacts.
But most importantly, you will have a passion to evangelise security and the desire be part of a successful, dynamic & high growth company.
- Establish credibility with the field organisation as a subject matter expert and provide incremental value to the sales motion and customer interactions.
- Drive security solutions adoption with existing customers as well as new prospects
- Provide customer facing strategic, advisory or technical security workshops & assessments
- Manage and report on the pipeline for Security solutions within your defined region.
- Work closely with security leadership to enhance new releases, competitive positioning, business processes, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- Innovate within the group and across internal teams to develop new propositions, tools and advisory workshops
- Evangelise the Splunk security portfolio with Splunk’s field organisation and customers, prospects, and partners.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of high tech field sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting.
- Deep understanding of system / solution sales within large Enterprise accounts.
- CISSP or other security relevant certification and/or demonstratable relevant technical experience
- Strong communicator with solid executive presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of IT security market and trends.
- Fluent in German & English, both written & spoken
- Proven track record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting, sales or technical role.
- Deep industry knowledge spanning traditional IT and emerging security disciplines.
- Must have strong knowledge of overall security landscape.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CxOs.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
- Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of Internet industry-related contacts.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work with other teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with sales teams and strategic customers.
- Formal sales training: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.