You will work closely with all our internal development teams to ensure we build in security from day one and follow standard methodologies. Ideally you will have a solid development background and have progressed to be a software security authority. Your ability to keep up to date on all new security challenges and work with our teams to develop protection mechanism is key.
You will identify common software security anti-patterns and design appropriate solutions. Your ultimate goal in this role will be to help the Product Security Team at Splunk “shift left” within the SDLC. You will support and maintain the security tools rolled out to the entire organization.
You will be an excellent fit if you:
- Have hands on experience developing tools for developers and maintaining the tools over time.
- Have experience with security testing at scale by building and implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, integrating security into a CI/CD workflow.
- Have hands-on experience with tools and technologies used throughout secure SDLC (e.g., Burp Suite, AppScan, Fortify/checkmarx /Veracode, WhiteSource/Blackduck).
- Experience integrating tools into the build pipelines.
- Understanding of common software and web application security vulnerabilities.
- Familiarity with SAST, DAST and OSS scanning tools.
- Knowledge of crypto primitives, authentication protocols and authorization standards (Eg: SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT tokens)
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- Experience developing and rolling out security tools that have been received well by developers.
- Experience performing peer code reviews and quality reviews regularly.
- Experience in software security testing, methodologies and frameworks.
Splunk is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.