Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's GDI (Getting Data In) team is responsible for building products, tools, and technologies used by thousand's of Splunk customers to bring data from large number of systems and products into Splunk. We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to work as part of the team chartered with getting data into Splunk and ready for analysis as quick and easy as possible.
What you'll do
- Design and build APIs to collect and process system, application, network, and OS level events.
- Write highly performant and scalable code in one or more of Java, C++, Python, and Golang.
- Automate the diagnosis of performance and scalability issues.
- Evolve, refactor and maintain large code base.
- Apply creativity to improve the API design for current and upcoming needs.
- Write the tooling and generate code to make your own and other people's job easier.
- Design and implement the optimal test strategy for our services.
- Take ownership and initiative to address issues promptly for our customers
- Mentor junior engineers and constantly raise the bar on engineering best practices across the team.
What you'll need
- At least 7+ years of experience in the industry working on complex and scalable distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Master's preferred.
- Proficiency on one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, Golang, or others
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
- Experience working with popular Cloud services and open-source projects is desirable
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status