Locations: Remote, US (Major US Cities)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Role: Security Consulting Sales Engineer - Civilian
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. You will be a technical security subject matter expert for Public Sector customers and our internal sales engineering team. .
- Partner with the Public Sector account team to develop strategic and technical account and territory plans.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk’s products and solutions to customers either on-site or remotely, with a focus on security and value-based differentiators.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- You MUST have a strong sense of self-motivation, an unbridled curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 7+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the business.
- Familiarity with modern cyber threats and malware, incident response (IR) practices, security information and event management (SIEM), automation tools, and endpoint technologies
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT or Security markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management, operations, etc.)
- Familiarity with programming or scripting a plus (e.g. C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of “Big Data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Practical experience with Federal Acquisition processes (RFC, RFI, RFP, etc.)
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the region
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our expanding and dynamic Team
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
- Industry IT security certifications desired
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.