SE Manager (EMEA Corporate Solution Sales Engineering)
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, tech-savvy and results-oriented manager to join our Solution Sales Engineering team. In this role, you will manage a team of Corporate Solution Sales Engineers who are tasked with creating the next generation of successful Splunk customers. You and your team will be working closely with Splunk’s Market Strategy and Sales Engineering teams, supporting them in identification, qualification, and achieving an overall technical win with our customers. You will be responsible for the hiring, coaching and development of the team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced and market-leading cloud business company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Corporate Solution Sales Engineering Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build, lead and manage a world-class Solution Sales Engineering team.
- Identify and hire top talent into the Corporate Solution Sales Engineering organisation.
- Mentor and Coach Corporate Solution Sales Engineers to deliver the activities in the Corporate Solution Sales Engineering Service Catalog.
- Provide the members of your team with continual development feedback and maintain individual development plans to manage their careers.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development
- Provide oversight on Corporate Solution Sales Engineering activities, such as completion of RFP responses and supporting or conducting customer workshops, ensuring that your team is trained and able to deliver to a high quality.
- Work closely with the EMEA Solution Sales Engineering managers and team members on the prioritisation and scheduling of Corporate Solution Sales Engineering resources to support important activities.
- Collaborate closely with leaders in both the EMEA and Worldwide Corporate Solution Sales Engineering organisation to share best practices and mature the business.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record in customer-facing technical software sales
- Previous experience in leading a presales or service-oriented team
- Domain expertise with DevOps, IT Operations, Application Management and/or Security is a bonus.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- A University Bachelor’s degree or similar.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- A good track record of effective coaching and mentoring.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive and able to manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Understanding of sales processes including the technical win.
- Self-motivated .
- Organised and analytical, and must be able to eliminate obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, agile, disruptive and technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Excellent team skills.
- Can-do attitude.