As a Splunk Platform SE Architect, you will be a domain expert on Splunk Enterprise and associated platform integrations supporting our customers and prospects in the Southern Region, France, Spain, Italy, etc.
This is an overlay position which participates in and drives strategic opportunities which require deep technical expertise in the Splunk platform and adjacent technologies. A successful Splunk Platform SE Architect maintains a deep technical understanding of the product, creates cross-functional relationships, and is able to explain complex topics to internal audiences and customers.
The SE Architect will interface with key Enterprise Architects and Big Data personnel in many of Europe’s large strategic companies, in a wide range of industries. These are bleeding-edge companies who need to know they are in trusted hands when they come to Splunk for advice and solutions.
Travel: Up to 50%
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- The SE Architect will assist Splunk strategic customers in the design of highly available, scalable and secure Splunk architectures, where there is a need to ingest and search a significant volume of data across a large user-base, implementing a variety of use-cases.
- The SE Architect will need to identify and address technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction throughout all stages of the sales or technology evaluation process, and this person must be able to establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts throughout her/his duration as a Splunk employee.
- Being the voice of the customer to Product Management and Engineering, enabling to respond to real world customer demands and capabilities.
- Actively participate in the Splunk Community as a subject matter expert, presenting in forums, online and at conferences.
- Demonstrate and articulate Splunk products and solutions to customers either onsite or remotely, and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows. The SE Architect must be able to answer technical questions regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions and applications, as well as, articulate Splunk’s market positioning to both business and technical users.
- The SE Architect must be willing to travel to visit prospects, customers and partners throughout the Southern Region, France, Spain, Italy, etc, and be willing to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- The SE Architect will be the go-to resource for both the field team as well as customers, and this person will occasionally be expected to deliver knowledge to other team members, partners, and customers in the form of lunch and learns, webinars, lectures, boot-camps, hack-a-thons or enablement videos.
Requirements: I’ve already done that!
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in designing large, highly distributed Splunk Enterprise deployments, with outstanding working knowledge of Cloud technologies, Open Source and Big Data tools, current trends, methodologies, and best practices, and the ability to take customer requirements and turn them into a clear architecture and deployment roadmap.
- Experience implementing, managing and/or architecting large scale or complex Splunk environments (3+ years) both on-premises and in the Public Cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Deep understanding of how Splunk can operate in a multi and hybrid cloud environments.
- Systems architecture and design experience in complex environments (3+ years)
- Prior technical sales / technical services experience (5+ years)
- Experience crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, discussion documents, and RFP responses that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Self-starter capable of taking ownership of projects and driving them from start to finish while meeting delivery deadlines and quality standards. The SE Architect will be driven by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and is able to communicate clearly and professionally at all levels within and outside of the company.
- The ability to learn new technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk.
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.