As the Salesforce Platform Engineer, you will be part of the core team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the Salesforce platform and related technologies. This role will focus horizontally across our Salesforce group with the goal of impacting our platform and evolving the way we work. You'll collaborate with other Salesforce Engineers focused on business delivery while you solve challenging problems like technical frameworks and how we take advantage of features like Platform Events to build processes and how we can implement Salesforce DX. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.The Salesforce Software Engineer will join the Sales Technology team at Splunk, working closely with leadership and internal customers as we supercharge our go-to-market capabilities. Working cross-functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to create holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while cultivating Splunk’s long-range goals.You'll be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for innovating and simplifying the sales experience across channels, functions, and platforms.You'll be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.You'll drive the innovative use of Salesforce.com as an enterprise business platform for a rapidly growing and evolving company.You'll facilitate maintenance and enhancement of the Salesforce.com platform for the Sales and Marketing teams
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 4+ years of experience implementing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystem
- 1+ year of experience integrating the Salesforce platform with internal and external systems
- 1+ year of experience with Lightning development, ideally as part of a Lightning migration
- An understanding of the overall Salesforce ecosystem
- Confidence in debugging and working with complex implementations involving features like asynchronous processing on Salesforce
- Good knowledge of enterprise integration architectures such as SOA, RESTful, ETL
- A deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles
- An understanding on B2B sales and marketing processes
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- A desire to learn and apply new technologies
- An ability to self-train quickly and pick up new skills as necessary
- A good understanding of cloud offerings market space concepts
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- A deep understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Salesforce Certifications
- Agile Certifications
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.