Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated Sales Strategy and Operations Manager. This person will play a critical role in EMEA Sales Operations team. Primary responsibilities include reporting and analyzing key metrics of sales performance, using these findings to advise the EMEA Sales Leadership Team, setting the strategic agenda for current and future revenue growth. In addition, this person will be involved in key projects and deliverables of the Sales Operations team: yearly business planning, forecasting, pipeline analysis, go-to-market strategy and execution, addressable market analysis, etc.
The successful candidate will be an analytical rock-star that can balance operations with strategy and planning and is not afraid to ask difficult questions and proactively seek the answers for them. We are looking for a profile that applies hypothesis-driven approach to solving problems and one that will also be able to analyze large quantities of data, derive insightful recommendations and confidently present to our senior leadership team. Last but not least, a rolling up your sleeves attitude is very important – Splunk is a very lean and entrepreneurial company – in our team, we balance the high level strategic view with actual deep-dive analysis.
Location: London; must be willing to commute around EMEA when needed (e.g. for the yearly planning process, business meetings, etc.) and make select trips to the US HQ, estimated 10% of travel
Key Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Build reporting dashboards and drive analysis to increase the performance visibility to the business owners
- Analyze the health of the business and interpret key performance metrics
- Derive recommendations and craft action plans to address weaknesses and areas of opportunity
- Present recommendations to senior management for strategic decision making, operational change and investment
- Execute key recommendations in collaboration with other functions and /or stakeholders
- Assist in the development and execution of EMEA GTM strategy
- Drive change management in the EMEA organization
- Support the day-to-day business needs of the EMEA sales organization – execute cadence around forecasting and pipeline analysis, account management, etc.
- Design the plan for the next financial year in terms of quotas, account assignments, financial plan attainment, etc.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5-8 years of experience in management consulting, banking or an analytical role in another technology company
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches, and with multiple competing deadlines. Can adapt quickly to changes and possesses strong work ethic
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support growth of the business
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to create a trusting relationship with business partners, collaborative
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Willing and able to roll-up the sleeves to get things done, highly proactive and able to follow through
- Intellectually curious
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics).