Title: Sales Operations Analyst, SFDC
Location: San Francisco or San Jose office (must be able to commute daily into office)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you highly analytical and love problem solving? Are you a Salesforce.com geek and love getting you hands into integration projects? Do you have a deep understanding of the Account and Contact management related to Sales Hierarchy, Territory Assignments and Customer Master process flow and standard methodologies? If you answered yes than we have your dream job at Splunk! In this role you are highly data driven, intellectually curious, creative, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with minimal supervision. You will support our overall team’s initiatives to develop and deploy initiatives and processes to optimize performance of the Sales Organization.
You will provide comprehensive sales operational support for Account data management in salesforce.com. You will also support the annual sales planning and assignment process for the entire global sales team. Ensure Sales Assignment Engine is aligned with the overall planning process. In addition you will:
- Support overall territory optimization models to quantify workload within sales territories, and recommend optimal alignments to Sales Management.
- Act as liaison between functional groups to fully understand business requirements and successfully translate them into CRM
- Partner with business process owners and IT representatives at all levels to gather and document business requirements for key salesforce.com initiatives related to the Account object
- Maintain frequent communication with owners to ensure changes to SFDC and Sales Assignment Engine and overall Account Object are aligned
- Find opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process/policies
- Develop operational measurements to identify business process issues and provide recommendations and solutions to business challenges
- Act as a subject-matter guide for salesforce.com solutions owned by the Global Sales Operations team
- Build key documentation – Requirements, Process Flows, Use Cases, and Test Scripts
- Monitor industry trends to ensure Splunk’s salesforce.com solutions are current with industry standard methodologies and new technology implementations
- 5-6 years of hands on salesforce.com experience including representing Sales during a CPQ launch.
- 2 years running Sales Operations projects
- At least 2 years of experience working directly with and supporting a global sales team
- Deep understanding of sales process (and software sales is helpful)
- You have amazing business insight, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent customer interfacing, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical content to general audiences
- Ability to lead multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics.
- Sets goals and drives to their fulfillment. Takes responsibility for their actions and for outcomes related to their actions. Wants to be held accountable for successes and failures. Shares the credit and takes the blame.
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management
- Strong experience with Microsoft Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- This role doesn't qualify for any immigration/visa transfer
- We are only able to consider you if you already living near our San Francisco or San Jose office (we are not able to assist with relocation)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- MBA/ graduate degree a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.