Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you highly analytical, love solving problems and are you solutions oriented? Do you geek out with data and Sales Operations? If you answered yes to these questions we want you to join our Global Sales Operations team! In this role you will be on a team that is responsible for supporting the end-to-end sales process for Splunk’s Sales organization in salesforce.com.
You have track record of success in multiple salesforce.com implementations and integration projects, and deep knowledge of sales process flow and standard methodologies. You are highly data driven, intellectually curious, creative, and you move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with minimal supervision.
You will provide comprehensive sales operational support for salesforce.com, third party applications, and data flow to/from associated sales applications. And you will ensure proper data structure is in place on areas of responsibility to enable analytics on key business measures. In addition you will:
- Monitor data created/modified through defined sales processes to ensure data quality standards are met.
- Act as liaison between functional groups to fully understand business requirements and successfully translate them into CRM requests
- Partner and build meaningful relationships with business process owners and IT representatives at all levels to collect and document business requirements for key salesforce.com initiatives
- Ensure changes to SFDC,associated process and applications are consistent with business needs
- Find opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process/policies
- Develop operational measurements to identify business process issues and provide recommendations and solutions to business challenges
- Act as a subject-matter guru for salesforce.com solutions owned by our team
- Build key documentation – Requirements, Process Flows, Use Cases, and Test Scripts
- Monitor industry trends to ensure Splunk’s salesforce.com solutions are current with industry standard methodologies and new technology implementations
- 5 years of experience in a Sales Analyst or Sales Operations role
- At least 1 year of experience working directly with and supporting a global sales team
- 1+ years of hands on salesforce.com experience including representing Sales during large-scale launches.
- 1-2 years organizing and handling various Sales Operations projects
- Experience with the sale processes in fast growing technology software company
- Possess business insight, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent customer interfacing, written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with natural ability to communicate technical content to general audiences
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a multi-functional environment
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing role to manage the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics.
- Sets goals and drives to their fulfillment. Takes responsibility for their actions and for outcomes related to their actions. Wants to be held accountable for successes and failures. Shares the credit and takes the blame.
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management
- Solid experience with Microsoft Visio, Project, PP, Word, Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or business field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business Management)
- Project Management (Waterfall, Agile, or Six Sigma) experience a plus
- We are only able to consider those that are local and able to commute into our Plano office. We are not able to offer relocation assistance
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.