Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an upbeat Software Sales Management Professional, with deep knowledge of SaaS, Recurring Revenue and using Renewals to drive Growth? Do you enjoy developing and mentoring a growing and diversifying team, and finding ways to positively improve performance and insight? Would you like to play a key role in the success of our rapidly growing Customer Success and Software Renewals business? If so, Splunk is in need of an experienced, results-driven candidate with extraordinary skills, to positively impact performance and develop a high-performance sales culture, working cross functionally with sales, partners, customer success and operations teams.
This role is accountable for the overall success and development of a growing team of Renewals Sales Representatives, who are charged with driving customer retention, renewals and growth on renewal of Splunk’s industry-leading enterprise software solutions.
The successful candidate will manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the team: Driving sales performance, tracking actual performance across the quarter, forecasting final performance, reporting on outcomes and providing qualitative insight on performance.
Operationally, this role is also accountable for ensuring compliance with all applicable polices and operating procedures, participates in operational planning and coordinates the development of departmental operating policies and procedures. Also serves as liaison with internal departments and external customers as required.
- Hire, develop and retain top renewal-sales talent
- Manage daily activities of renewal sales professionals, including ongoing mentoring and support, performance evaluation, training-plan definition, and problem solving
- Provide guidance and expertise to the team in the day-to-day management of account activities within their territory. To include performance management, escalations, ad hoc projects, quota preparations and forecasts
- Manage forecasting activities, preparing internal reports for management
- Align with organizational and corporate objectives to develop and execute on an action plan to ensure revenue growth and profitability
- Develop territories for the team and assist in quota assignment
- Manage month end bookings, revenue, backlog and develop insight from churn
- Manage the development of career plans for employees
- Serve as team liaison coordinating interactions between internal department and/or external customers as appropriate
- Define, streamline and implement internal business process including development of operational and procedural guidelines
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding Renewal sales
- Plan and coordinate special projects; gather organize and assess information and develop and prepare recommendations
- Assist and contribute to the planning, coordination, development and implementation of long-range business goals and objectives
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned to include ad hoc projects and support as needed
- You are local to the Plano office
- You come from a software sales background, where you have demonstrated strong competency in the Responsibilities outlined above. Including Sales Performance Management, renewals, driving growth, driving team development and performance
- You have operated in a recurring revenue model, interacting with account management, customer success and operations teams to support growth and retention objectives
- You thrive in managed change, and seek to push beyond the status-quo, seeking ways and means to drive outcomes and insights
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgments creatively, on limited and evolving data
- Excellent organization, self-sufficient operational, and time management skills
- Ability to Manage and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment, and represent the team’s contributions and value in the wider sales ecosystem: you bring and drive credibility
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Sales Force and NetSuite software applications
- Desire Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Strong track record of Enterprise Software Sales Management, Renewals and Growth
- 6+ years’ experience in software industry
- Demonstrable history of personal development - increasing responsibility and span of control
We value diversity at our company. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment applicants with arrest and conviction records.