Want to change the world? This is an opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. If you have dreamed of being responsible for actively driving and handling the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services, please apply!
We are seeking an exceptional Pre-Sales leader to join our team as Sales Engineering Manager. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you will have a forward-thinking track record in building and leading high performing organizations. You will also play a vital role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will directly lead a Pre-Sales team and work collaboratively with our hardworking Sales and Professional teams
- Love technology, but more relevantly, love articulating our exciting technology
- Deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets
- You are passionate about customer success, creatively growing deployments and use cases
- You collaborate with sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- You cultivate in-house talent as well as grow and enable partner resources
- You will be an active player/coach, hands on with the team, understand and demonstrate Splunk technically to all levels of the enterprise
- You exercise your abilities as a trusted advisor with Regional Sales Directors with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- You will build a world-class team to match our growth
- You celebrate your customer’s success (You’ll be doing a lot of this)
- Work within Splunk's sales methodology and processes effectively
- You understand how to use both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- You are a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely and trustworthy information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- You provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Min 10 years of professional experience
- SE Leadership experience
- Software Sales Engineering experience
- Intimate understanding of big data solutions and landscape, software solution engineering
- History of success working directly with Federal Civilian Agencies
Education: I have that!
- BS Degree or work experience equivalent
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.