Splunk are currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to lead our Emerging Markets Presales organisation in South Africa. This individual will be responsible for the coaching and development of this team as well as leading by example. This position will be a leadership position, working closely with Splunk’s Sales and Channel organisations on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s solutions to our clients. This position reports to Splunk’s Emerging Markets Presales Director.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions.
You will be responsible for actively leading and managing a Presales organisation to mostly assist in the technology stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for Splunk’s solutions and services. Splunk Presales consultants must be able to discover customers' pains and understand their use cases. They also answer technical questions from clients regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and solution positioning to both business and technical users.
Duties and Responsibilities
As South Africa’s Presales Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build, lead and manage a world-class Presales team in your region.
- Be able to identify and hire top talent into the Presales organisation.
- Mentor and Coach Presales Engineers.
- Deliver management level Presales activities (including but not limited to discovery meetings, demos, Splunk representation at tradeshows and fairs, etc…)
- Work closely with Splunk Partner organisation to leverage partners in accounts | opportunities’ development
- Refine and improve resource usage policy for your team
- Define development and performance plans to maximise the potential and performance of the individual members of your Presales team.
- Identify strategies and tactics to improve the operational effectiveness (in an on-going manner)
and results of your team. For example, work closely with your team to develop and
continually improve Presales best practices and processes, e.g. PC planning, etc.
- Provide oversight on important Presales activities, such as POC planning and execution,
approval of RFI/P responses, ensuring that your Presales team are trained and certified and able to deliver compelling product demos, solution overview presentations, etc.
- Become an active member of EMEA’s Technical Services Management team, collaborating and coordinating strategies and ideas that will benefit both EMEA’s and Emerging Markets wide Technical Services organisation.
- Work closely with the Emerging Markets Presales Director on the prioritisation and scheduling of Presales resources to support important sales opportunities.
- Participate in account & opportunities planning meetings to understand on-going activities within important accounts/opportunities and to identify new and follow up activities.
- Work with sales management to drive product and services revenue.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Domain knowledge and experience from one or more of the following areas:
- Big Data (from a data management perspective),
- Application Performance Management,
- Business Intelligence/Web Analytics,
- Operational Intelligence.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, insurance, telecommunications and/or retails markets, with a proven track record of selling into Enterprise organisations. Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organisations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
- Ability to travel within his region to meet his team
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
- A University Bachelor’s degree or similar.
- Proactive and able to be manage activities in a self-sufficient manner.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the sales process including the technical win.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Ability to be organised and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, agile, disruptive and technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems.
- Excellent team skills.
- Winning and Can-do attitude.