Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and who seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you love being the technical partner for "Sales Reps" and love crafting demos and Proof of Concepts (PoCs)? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a home for you at Splunk. In this role, you will be a high-calibre Sales Engineer and will aid customers in technical sales engineering capacities. You will also help evangelise our groundbreaking technology. For this position we are looking for fluent German speakers.
- You will discover, position, prove and deliver the technical elements of a sales cycle to achieve a ‘technical win’. By using different communication styles, technology skills, experiences, soft skills and people skills you will develop relationships with both your sales colleagues and your customers.
- Sales Engineers are an advocate and ambassador for Splunk through their professional social media, industry and marketing events and supporting pipeline generation activities
- Our Sales Engineers collaborate with our customers and build them into Splunk champions. They are helping them to understand how Splunk can tackle some of their most challenging problems and help them achieve their objectives.
What does it take to be a Sales Engineer at Splunk?
- Curiosity: You tend to want to understand the why of a scenario as much as the what and typically use a range of skills to discover whether the first response to the question really describes the situation or its implications
- Sales-y and business savvy: You enjoy the chase and the thrill of the sales process. You also have the self-awareness to know or discover where you are in the sales process and have the sense of ownership to do the things in your control to drive a sale forwards.
- Customer Success: Selling is phenomenal, but customers being successful with your solutions is one of your main motivations.
- Technically Astute: Splunk Sales Engineers are detailed and have an appetite for up to date knowledge of the latest technologies and solutions.
- A communicator: You have an ability to use a wide range of communication styles to both demonstrate and convince prospects at all levels on the capabilities and value of solutions. You can tell a great story of how other customers achieved success. You communicate openly with your colleagues
- A people person and collaborator: You enjoy meeting new people, and you maintain and develop your network of colleagues, partners and contacts within your accounts. You’re unreserved, as you would feel comfortable introducing yourself to a new customer prospect and quickly build trust.
- Confident and driven: You have the confidence that comes from the knowledge that your product is rock solid, and the ability to transmit this confidence to a customer. If you're in it, you want to win it!
- A growth mindset: You look beyond the current opportunity towards the bigger picture that could exist within a prospect.
- Fun: Getting the job done and enjoying and generating fun doesn’t need to be mutually exclusive.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.