Sales Engineer - UKPBST - Enterprise Role
About the job
Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) provides the Unified Security and Observability Platform. The world’s leading organisations trust Splunk to go from visibility to action, fast and at scale; organisations such as McLaren, Heineken and Tesco are turning data into doing with Splunk.
Join us as we pursue our innovative vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our solutions and seek to deliver the best experience and outcomes for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions.
Splunk is currently seeking a highly motivated, outcome focussed individual to join our pre-sales Solutions Engineering team as a Sales Engineer in the UK Public Sector team. As a Splunk Sales Engineer, you’ll be a technical sales resource for the UK Public Sector sales team who support our clients across the range of Central and Local Government, Police, Education and more. You will be the authority both in terms of the technical aspects of our solutions and how they integrate within our clients' workflow and tooling.
Sales Engineers must be comfortable building rapport with your clients’ technical staff serving as a trusted adviser within the accounts that they support. They develop and own technical proof activities to drive expansion opportunities, as well as drive product usage through workshops, office hours and Q&A sessions.
As well as providing technical guidance to clients, Splunk Sales Engineers have a good understanding of their client’s business and have the ability to tailor their solution positioning to both a business and technical audience.
Responsibilities; I want to and can do these:
- Establish and own strong technical relationships within the territories you support.
- You own achieving the ‘technical win’, moving opportunities from qualification through to technical validation.
- Develop technical activity plans to support the customer technically validate the Splunk products and services and achieve meaningful value outcomes post sale.
- Partner the Regional Sales Manager in meetings, in-person and remote, with customers to determine the customer’s needs and how Splunk can meet those needs.
- Support our clients through the buying process by running presentations, demonstrations, workshops and answering technical questions to validate Splunk as the right solution.
- Scope and run Proof of Concepts with clients to agreed success criteria and timelines.
- Ensure your knowledge and skills of Splunk solutions are up to date.
- Maintain timely updates of the state of your opportunities.
Attributes; this is who I am:
- Self-motivated; to research and learn to fill gaps in knowledge and provide the best buying experience to our clients.
- Innovative; in finding solutions to customer needs, proving integrations, developing workshops and demonstrations.
- A passion for solving meaningful problems with data.
- Disruptive; work closely with the Sales Engineering team and Sales Engineering management to challenge, develop and continually improve working practices and processes.
- Growth mindset - coachable and naturally curious
- Adaptable - ability to shift to constantly evolving requirements
Requirements; I’ve got or done these things in the past:
- Strong presentation and demonstration skills with an ability to use stories.
- Ability to actively listen.
- Ability to communicate clearly in meetings, phone calls, emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports, both externally with customers and internally.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
Required Technical Knowledge; Yes, got some or all of these:
- Linux or Windows knowledge
- Basic network connectivity troubleshooting
- Infrastructure as a Service platforms; AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- IT architecture concepts such as High Availability, Disaster Recovery
Highly Desirable Knowledge and Experience; I even have some or all of these:
- Experience of selling SaaS services or data solutions.
- Domain knowledge in any of security operations, DevOps, IT operations, big data or log management.
- Experience using regular expressions.
- Experience coding in Python.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Experience with container and container orchestration technology.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.