Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to turn Data into Doing with the first Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
As a Solutions Engineer for Splunk’s Observability Business Unit, you will become part of a world-class pre-sales team that provides technical and thought leadership of Splunk’s Observability focused solutions to the sales organization and to Splunk’s prospects and customers. You will work directly with customers while acting as the subject matter expert across Splunk’s Observability solutions including the SignalFx, VictorOps, Omnition and core Splunk technology products. You will consistently be delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize Splunk’s unique value proposition. During the sales cycle, you will guide prospects through trials and proof of concepts, demonstrating Splunk’s ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and building a positive relationship that will go beyond the initial transaction and provide value to our customers for years to come. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
- Work directly with the top minds in the Observability space, and partner with development and product management team members to redefine how customers manage, monitor and analyze their infrastructure, trace and log data
- Understand and help to orchestrate all phases of the sales cycle, including leading proof of concepts and other customer validation activities
- Be comfortable working with customers to help them define their future architectural roadmap as a trusted advisor
- Lead all aspects of the adoption, optimization and integration of Splunk’s Observability solutions into the customers’ business architecture
- Be successful working with all levels of an organization from the C-suite down to individual developers and SRE’s
- 2+ years’ experience working in Sales Engineering or consulting roles that are customer facing
- 3+ years’ experience working in engineering/software development roles
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT or Security markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management, operations, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with modern programming languages including: Java, Python, PHP, .NET, Ruby,Node.js, Go, etc.
- Experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions in multi-tenant architectures
- Experience with working with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Lambda (preferred)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding
- Experience with various monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, etc. (preferred)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
- Encouraged travel is approximately 25%, focused primarily in region
- Experience with leading and running POCs required
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring Tools (preferred)
- You live in Boulder, Dallas/Plano or DC/MD/VA
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).