This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. At Splunk, we've grown rapidly across central Europe by helping leading companies (including 90 of the Fortune 100) go from data to business outcomes faster than ever.
As we expand across Germany, Switzerland, Austria and beyond, we're seeking value-driven professionals to continue driving record growth while cultivating customer innovation.
Join us on our journey as junior Sales Engineer (m/w/d) and you will work in a community of presales specialists responsible for the technical elements of the Splunk sales cycle. You will help enable your prospects and customers to understand how Splunk can meet their requirements and becoming their trusted advisor on how they can resolve their business pains using Splunk solutions.
Over time in this role, you will gain Splunk Sales Engineer Certifications and develop deep Splunk skills and broader domain knowledge that you will use in many different aspects of your work. You will be assigned a mentor to help you navigate and accelerate your journey.
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Establish and maintain relationships throughout the sales cycle not only with our customer's technical staff.
- Willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Assisting customers by effectively delivering various standardised technical product webinars
- Leading or participating in discovery calls/conversations with prospects (autonomously or in collaboration with your sales counterpart) to discover and/or validate opportunities.
- Delivering consultative presentations, demonstrations and workshops to help prospects understand how Splunk addresses their technical and business requirements, and how it differs from alternative solutions.
- Responding to the technical elements of proposals, where you, sales and technical management have determined it is appropriate to make a response.
- Being a trusted advisor and answering presales questions from prospects and customers
- Acting as a Splunk representative at trade events
- Providing general recommendations on Splunk solutions architecture
- 0 - 2 years Sales Engineering experience
- German fluent and solid English langauge skills
- Good presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Ability to develop an understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
Basis knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Big Data
- IT Operations
- Security & Fraud
- Application Delivery
- Business Analytics
- IoT & Industrial Data
- Log Management
- Experience and hands-on skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux or Windows.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.