WHAT’S THE ROLE OF A SALES ENGINEER AT SPLUNK ?
You will technically own, discover, position, prove and deliver the key technical elements of a sales cycle to achieve a ‘technical win’ within large scale and complex customer environments. You’ll use a range of communication styles, a range of technology skills and experiences and a range of soft skills and people skills to develop trust relationships with both your sales colleagues and your customers.
You will be an advocate and ambassador for Splunk through your professional social media, industry and marketing events and supporting pipeline generation activities
You will collaborate with your customer contacts, and build them into Splunk champions, by helping them to understand how Splunk can help them to solve some of their most challenging problems and help them achieve their objectives.
DO THESE CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBE YOU?
- Curiosity: You tend to want to understand the why of a scenario as much as the what and typically use a range of skills to discover whether the first response to the question really describes the situation or its implications
- Sales-y: You enjoy the chase and the thrill of the sales process. You also have the self-awareness to know or discover where you are in the sale and the sense of ownership to do the things in your control to drive a sale forward.
- Customer Success: Selling is great, but customers being successful with your solutions is one of your main motivations.
- Technically Astute: You enjoy the detail, even if you don’t always need to express it. You have a thirst for up to date knowledge of the technologies and solutions that businesses use to be successful as they transform.
- A communicator: You have an ability to use a wide range of communication styles to both demonstrate and convince prospects at all levels on the capabilities and value of solutions. You can tell a great story of how other customers achieved success. You communicate openly with your colleagues
- A people person: You enjoy meeting new people, and you maintain your network of contacts within your accounts. You’re unreserved, as you would feel comfortable introducing yourself to a new customer prospect and quickly build rapport.
- Confidence: But not arrogant – you have the confidence that comes from the knowledge that your product is rock solid, and the ability to transmit this confidence to a customer. That means you might sit down with a customer already using your product to show them how they might use it even better!
- Business Savvy: You understand how businesses are organized, how they achieve their desired results, what challenges they are likely to face, what solutions they need and what transformations they could make with your solutions.
- A growth mindset: You build in time to develop your skills, knowledge, experience or capabilities. You look beyond the current opportunity towards the wider set of opportunities that could exist in a prospect.
- A Collaborator: You understand that selling is a team game, so you spend time developing your network of colleagues and partners to achieve your success – and theirs.
- Competitive: If you’re in it, you want to win it!
- Fun: Getting the job done and enjoying & generating fun don’t need to be mutually exclusive.
HELPFUL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE (NOT ALL REQUIRED, BUT CONSIDER HOW SPLUNK COULD BENEFIT FROM YOUR BACKGROUND)
- Cloud: The benefits, pitfalls, milestones and technical considerations of moving from on premise to cloud-based infrastructures, or indeed how born-in-the-cloud companies operate.
- Digitization/Modern Architectures: How do companies develop and deploy their applications? How do they organize? What tools and processes do they use? How do they gain observability of their operational and service states?
- Security: How does a modern, world-class security operations center operate? What are its challenges and regulatory considerations? How is it organized? How does it evolve? What tooling would be considered as necessary?
- Data: Splunk is the data to everything platform. What experiences do you have of ingesting data to provide valuable business and operational insights?
- Industry expertise
- Splunk operates across every vertical – what do you know that would help Splunk to win in certain industries?
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.