Locations: Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland or Seattle
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions?
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our dynamic presales team. Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will manage a team of Sales Engineers in support of sales to achieve revenue targets and ensure customer success. Take the lead technical role in your region supporting sales activities, actively engaged with key customers and opportunities. Ensure tight alignment between field sales and other organizations within Splunk. This is a hands-on combo coach/player management role.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Manage a team of Sales Engineers helping to ensure sales and customer success;
- Engage directly with Sales and Sales Leadership to provide support for pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Conduct pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top sales engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of SE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Work closely with Sales to develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Interact with customers and prospects as this is a “player / coach” role;
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow major engagements to ensure success;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE’s with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels.;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s;
Requirements: I’ve already done or have that!
- At least 8+ year’s experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- At least 2+ year’s related SE Management experience highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas; Very articulate.
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio is preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development is preferred.
- Some Unix or Linus based scripting language (Perl, Python, sh) is desirable.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
- You live in Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles,Phoenix, Portland or Seattle
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.