Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and who seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Would you like to be or have you considered a role in which you’re the technical partner for a dynamic sales team? Developing, growing and maturing your pre-sales skills to be a high-calibre consulting Sales Engineer across the Observability and IT Ops space evangelising our groundbreaking technology. If this sounds like the role for you or indeed if you are interested but not previously considered, we’d love to hear from you!!
What’s the role of a Sales Engineer at Splunk ?
- You will discover, position, prove and deliver the technical elements of a sales cycle to achieve a ‘technical win’. By using different communication styles, technology skills, experiences, soft skills and people skills you will develop relationships with both your sales colleagues and your customers.
- Sales Engineers are an advocate and ambassador for Splunk through their professional social media, industry and marketing events and supporting pipeline generation activities
- Our Sales Engineers collaborate with our customers and build them into Splunk champions. They are helping them to understand how Splunk can tackle some of their most challenging problems and help them achieve their objectives.
What does it take to be a Sales Engineer at Splunk? Are you looking for a career change?
- Curiosity: You tend to want to understand the why of a scenario as much as the what and typically use a range of skills to discover whether the first response to the question really describes the situation or its implications
- Customer Success: Selling is phenomenal, but customers being successful with your solutions is one of your main motivations.
- Technically Astute: Splunk Sales Engineers enjoy the detail and have an appetite, a thirst for up to date knowledge of the latest technologies and solutions that businesses use to be successful in their digital transform journey.
- A communicator: You have an ability to use a wide range of communication styles to both demonstrate and convince prospects at all levels on the capabilities and value of solutions. You can tell a great story of how other customers achieved success. You communicate openly with your colleagues
- A people person and collaborator: You enjoy meeting new people, and you maintain and develop your network of colleagues, partners and contacts within your accounts. You’re unreserved, as you would feel comfortable introducing yourself to a new customer prospect and quickly build rapport, trust and credibility.
- Confident, But not arrogant: You have the confidence that comes from the knowledge that your product is rock solid, and the ability to transmit this confidence to a customer.
- Business Savvy: You understand how businesses are organized, how they achieve their desired results, what challenges they are likely to face, what solutions they need and what transformations they could make with your solutions.
- Adaptable with a growth mindset: Change is a constant, willingness you build in time to develop your skills, new skills, knowledge, experience or capabilities. You look beyond the current opportunity towards the bigger picture that could exist within a prospect.
- A Collaborator: You understand that selling is a team game, so you spend time developing your network of colleagues and partners to achieve your success – and theirs.
- Competitive: If you’re in it, you want to win it !
- Fun: Getting the job done and enjoying and generating fun doesn’t need to be mutually exclusive.
Helpful skills or experience (not all required, but consider how Splunk could benefit from your background). Technical Requirements:
Cloud :The benefits, pitfalls, milestones and technical considerations of moving from on premise to cloud based infrastructures, or indeed how born-in-the-cloud companies operate.
Digitisation/Modern Architectures: How do companies develop and deploy their applications ? How do they organize ? What tools and processes do they use ? How do they gain observability of their operational and service states?
Security: How does a modern, world-class security operations centre operate ? What are its challenges and regulatory considerations ? How is it organised ? How does it evolve ? What tooling would be considered as necessary ?
Data: Splunk is the data to everything platform. What experiences do you have of ingesting data to provide valuable business and operational insights ?
Industry expertise: Splunk operates across every vertical – what do you know that would help Splunk to win in certain industries
Fluent in English
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.