Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Are you naturally curious and passionate about evangelizing the power of big data and data analytics for organizations of all sizes across different verticals? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a home for you at Splunk.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. You will partner closely with Splunk’s direct Sales Team on all aspects of opportunity development and technical selling across Splunk’s entire product and solution portfolio within the region. You will be the primary technical advisor for your customers, and their technical advocate within Splunk.
- You will assist Splunk strategic customers in the design of highly available, scalable and secure Splunk architectures, where there is a need to ingest and search a significant volume of data across a large user-base, implementing a variety of DevOps and DevSecOps use-cases.
- Identify and address technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction throughout all stages of the sales or technology evaluation process. Ability to establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts throughout her/his duration as a Splunk employee.
- The voice of the customer to Product Management and Engineering, enabling to respond to real world customer demands and capabilities and help in driving adoption for further expansion for all types of DevOps and DevSecOps use cases.
- Demonstrate and articulate Splunk products and solutions to customers either onsite or remotely, and at events such as conferences and trade shows. Answer technical questions regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions and applications, as well as, articulate Splunk’s market positioning to both business and technical users.
- Ability to travel to visit prospects, customers and partners primarily in the GTA but occasionally throughout Canada, and be willing to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- The go-to resource for both the field team as well as customers, and this person will occasionally be expected to deliver knowledge to other team members, partners, and customers in the form of lunch and learns, webinars, lectures, boot-camps, hack-a-thons or enablement activities.
IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- Proven track record in designing large, highly distributed Splunk Enterprise deployments, with outstanding working knowledge of Cloud technologies, Open Source and Big Data tools, current trends, methodologies, and best practices, and the ability to take customer requirements and turn them into a clear architecture and deployment roadmap.
- Experience implementing, managing and/or architecting large scale or complex Splunk environments both on-premises and in the Public Cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with CI/CD toolsets including but not limited to Jenkins, Jira, Sonarqube and Puppet.
- Deep understanding of how Splunk can operate in a multi and hybrid cloud environments in addition to helping customer understand how to deploy Splunk with Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Experience in security operations and automation, incident investigation, identity and governance.
- Have the ability develop in different programming languages such as Python, Golang and Java and be able to build Splunk Integrations as well as third party connectors.
- Systems architecture and design experience in complex environments (3+ years)
- Prior technical sales / technical services experience (5+ years)
- Experience crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, discussion documents, and RFP responses that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Self-starter capable of taking ownership of projects and driving them from start to finish while meeting delivery deadlines and quality standards. The SE Architect will be driven by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and is able to communicate clearly and professionally at all levels within and outside of the company.
- The ability to learn new technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk.
- You live in Toronto
- Bachelors degree or substantial relevant on the job experience. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests; art, science, research, writing, music, whatever you’re into.
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.