Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success!
As a Sales Engineer in the Partner Sales Team, you will be responsible for enabling partners to sell Splunk solutions and assist them in the sales process both directly and indirectly. You will also be instrumental in enabling Splunk Field Sales on partner developed solutions.
A key component to this role is articulating and demonstrating Splunk’s mission statement: To make machine data valuable, accessible, and usable by everyone. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical consulting, software development, systems administration or technical sales. A strong knowledge of security, application management, and IT Operations is a necessity. You should be comfortable discussing issues of scale and fostering innovation in a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing.
You should be able to present Splunk's value proposition and demonstrate Splunk products and services to partners and customers at conferences, trade shows, etc. You must be willing to visit partners, prospects, and customers, and engage with technical work when required.
Applicants must live in Norway and speak one the Scandinavian languages.
- Help define partner integration strategies to enhance Splunk's market position
- Own and drive technical aspects for partner related sales plays and collateral
- Work with product management, engineering, marketing, field sales, and corporate product development to identify prospective partners to augment Splunk's offerings
- Assist partners in their sales process, including RFP answers and technical proof stage
- Evaluate prospective partners for technical and business fit with Splunk's strategy
- Evangelize and demonstrate Splunk solutions to partners
- Help partners create prototypes of technical solutions, support them in their development, and review the quality of their solutions
- Help partners, customers, and Splunk field sales with understanding and selling of partner solutions
- Promote and describe Splunk's ecosystem by posting blogs; speaking at conferences; and meeting with industry experts, partners, and Splunk customers and prospects
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree
- 2+ years of years relevant work experience
- Usable knowledge of security, networking, server, database, and enterprise applications
- Expertise with an enterprise data streaming capability including architecture, deployment, sources/sinks, functions and building pipelines
- Possess deep knowledge and expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform. Certifications are a plus
- Desire to learn, grow and able to collaborate with partners and fellow Splunkers
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.