- Primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development of sales opportunities.
- Uses product knowledge to provide technical expertise to customers as well as sales staff through sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Takes prospects through technical steps of sales process
- Takes accounts and opportunities through Splunk’s pre-sales methodology
- Builds custom demos based on customer requirements to make Splunk differentiators even more obvious to understand
- Contributes to marketing activities
Please note that this is a remote position in West of France (ideally in Bordeaux), that may require frequent travels over the area (from Bretagne to Occitanie) as well as to Paris, in accordance with the sales territory that will be affected to you.
Primary responsibilities as a Splunk Sales Engineer
- Work in collaboration with your peers and Sales team to identify, grow and land opportunities.
- Create, grow and maintain relationships with customer’s and prospect’s technical teams
- Write and deliver excellent presentations; both business focused and technical presentations.
- Demonstrate Splunk solutions to prospects, both onsite and remotely (via Webinars).
- Attend and demonstrate Splunk solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Respond to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
- Deliver and manage Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements to a success outcome.
- Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- Develop relevant pre-sales material, e.g. business cases/ROI, competitive insight documents, etc to persuade clients of the superior value, benefits and capabilities of Splunk’s solutions.
- Work closely with peers and management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes, e.g. POC planning, etc.
- Leverage Business Knowledge and Experience
Domain knowledge and experience
As a Sales Engineer in this geographic area, you will have to demonstrate the value of the entire Splunk Portfolio. We are looking for an individual who has gathered extensive